dumb question

creeg

RELENTLESS
Ok so i've search around and still couldn't find an answer so im just going to ask. Most orgs where I live run ITPA or BOB rules and they are both pretty much the same my question is on the front ballast. Ok the rule says 60" from the center of the front axel, but ive seen alot of trucks with the weight way out front and some with it right on the bumper. So Im wondering if this measurement is from the furtherest point of the weight on the front or just the weight bar its self? Im asking because im needing to either rebuild or extent my bar to fit my ice box. For those who don't know here is how the rule reads from ITPA. Thanks for your help. :Cheer:

Ballast:
Ballast is permitted. Front hanging weights are permitted. Front ballast and ballast mounting point must be easily removable, but securely mounted. May not extend more than 60 inches from the centerline of the front axle, and be high enough to clear scale and other pit obstacles. If it hit’s the scale it must be removed to compete. Ballast may be added to the bed of truck. If used it must be securely fastened to the bed. Final decisions rest with the technical department.

It is measured from the center of the axle tube to the furthest most part of the weight

Thats what I was thinking but wanted to be for sure before I did anything. So how are some Trucks typicaly Chevy's hanging weight so far out front? Thanks for you help though

Thats what I was thinking but wanted to be for sure before I did anything. So how are some Trucks typicaly Chevy's hanging weight so far out front? Thanks for you help though

GM's front axles are just closer to the front bumper, so they look like they're out further.

The V8 block is shorter than an I6 block, so to some extent, it should tend to be that way. Open the hood on each and look inside, I think it will be readily apparent.

Ok thats all I needed to know. I need to make some changes then I guess. Thanks

60" from the center line of the front axle to the front of either the weight bracket or the weights thier selves, which ever is farthest forward. thier are many different configurations. Some have the weights being the farthest forward, others have the bracket farthest forward with the weights sitting right behind it.

Yeah im thinking building it so they will hang sideways should give me more room for what im wanting to do.

try to come up with something that mounts to the bottom of the frame. ive went of where the tow hooks mount before and its not pretty what happens to bumper. I would go off a couple points for stability.

I actualy took my stock hitch and mounted it up front and trying to decide how I want to build the rest lol