Dunbar dyno at IRP?

DavidTD, thanks that is the answers i was looking for. You actually dynoed mine at schieds on your dyno before i built it the way it is now.At that time it had stock pump, no plate, 370s and hx35/hx60. It did like 470/930 with the twins. Since then i built the motor and went to this single and have not put it on yours yet, but on another one from Terra Haute in. NKP diesel had a dyno day and i put it on there. It was brand new dyno but i dont know what brand. First thing that happend was he blew out my rear brake cylindars. Then after fixing that problem, he pulled it 5 times and all it did was smoke. The best it would do is 388/790. He told me i had to much fuel that i was putting the fire out. But according to the boost gauge he was only getting 48 lbs boost when on the street i can hit 62 and pullin right at 70. I guess the dyno didnt have enough brakes to get the turbo to light so he was riding my truck brakes. What do you think of that? Not worth 75 dollars to see 388. So i have heard lots of different things about dynos and just want to get a good one on my truck. Will you be at Schieds this year? Thanks for the answers. Tim

In this circle, if you did it on Dunbars Dyno........You did it!

I believe his numbers from before i changed the setup. I know that i am not going to have 750 horse, but after his numbers and spending a bit of money, i was atleast wanting to go up the scale not down. Thats pretty muck a kick in the pants you know. I was pissed for a week after that one. The truck runs good and i have no complaints, but i just want to get a good number one of these days.. The video link in my sig is from our little hometown pull that a buddy put up but check it out and tell me what you think. You dont have to hold back either, i can take it because i have another project going to hopefully do better. Tim

Illinoisram, I've run almost back to back (one week) with no changes on Dave's dynojet and on Chris Porter's dynomite dynojet (the one at NKP's dyno day) and have produced the same numbers within 5hp-10hp. Torque might've been a little higher on Chris's dyno from the rear brake shoe elimination runs. Not to take away a sale from Dave, but you'll probly see the same results on his machine as you did on Porter's. I am a firm believer in Dave Dunbar's dyno. "It's not official unless it's on Dunbar's dyno". :)

I'd say go back to the twins if you want a dyno/horsepower producing truck.

Illinoiseram...... if you can find a few trucks that have run the track as well as Davids Dyno, compare the HP and times. I think you'll see quite the reflection.

yes we will be at Scheids. if you can't wait until then,we will also be at Sasquatch Diesel in Geneseo,Il on the 27th and 28th of June.also Merchants the weekend of June 14.

mike

I know a couple of guys from Geneseo. They told me they were having a dyno but they didnt say it was going to be you. Hopefully i will have two trucks ready to roll for that one. The only thing i cant figure out is that we put 90 ddps, no plate, no afc, 4k springs in a 95 and he did 450 something on a stock turbo in Danville In. I just cant believe i would loose power. It runs aton better now than before. This is why i am asking alot of questions trying to figure out what is going on with my truck. Like i said it runs great, why will it not dyno decent. Im just cornfused. If youguys watched the video, does it look like 388 horse? Maybe im biased because it is my truck, but i would hope with the money spent i could beat a stock turboed truck. Tim

I've had my trucks on a few different dyno's and I can say 100% without a doubt David Dunbar or Mike will be the ONLY people to EVER dyno my truck again.:rockwoot:

These guys are at the top of their league....they know what they are doing.....and they take care of each truck they put on their dyno like it was their own personal truck!:Cheer::clap:

yes we will be at Scheids. if you can't wait until then,we will also be at Sasquatch Diesel in Geneseo,Il on the 27th and 28th of June.also Merchants the weekend of June 14.

mike
Whos bringing it to NH this weekend?

Why is the only active thread under the dhra forum talking about Dunbar and his dyno? Things must be pretty quiet there at dhra i guess. Must miss him.