Dune Grapplers

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
I am digging the poo-poo out of this tire. Anyone seen them in person?

I agree that is a sexy tire...

img_dune_3.jpg

Tim, my experience is that tires with tread wrapping around to the sidewall are hard to keep clean and looking good. Can be done but requires a lot of work with a brush at the car wash. I'm moving away from A/T tires to a set of 35" Proxes. Pure street tire with some sticky ;)

I have run aggressive Mudders for a while, and I am growing tiresome of them. These tires look cool, but are less aggressive, and I'm sure that translates into a better ride and a quieter ride. As far as cleaning, I dont wanna spend forever cleaning them. Does anyone else have the same experience with this type tire?

I haven't heard great things about them.

Toyo M/Ts would be my recommendation. We've been seeing 50,000+ miles out of them. They look good, ride good, perform good and a still aggressive enough for when you need it....

just my opinion

DCSpecial said:
I haven't heard great things about them.

Toyo M/Ts would be my recommendation. We've been seeing 50,000+ miles out of them.

they are a good tire... but what size are you running to get 50k out of them? I rotate the crap out of mine and I think I'll be lucky to make it to 35 or 40 k

i'm looking at the Pro Comp Xtreme A/T's this time around for a little less agressive, tad quieter tire, not that the Toyos are overly loud but they are still a M/T.

Our fabricator got over 57,000 miles out of his 38/15.50R20s

I have over 15,000 on my 38/14.50R16s and they hardly show any wear...I've only rotated twice.

What psi do you run?

I'm running the M/T Baja AT and they are O.k. I got them used for $300.00 with 25,000 miles on them but the guy never rotated them. Tring to get them to smooth out is a pane in the:shake: They do have some crazy side walls on them so they look killer on my truck. I pressure clean them once in a will.

Mooring Product said:
I'm running the M/T Baja AT and they are O.k. I got them used for $300.00 with 25,000 miles on them but the guy never rotated them. Tring to get them to smooth out is a pane in the:shake: They do have some crazy side walls on them so they look killer on my truck. I pressure clean them once in a will.

i have decided on the 40" Mickey T Baja ATZ for my truck the next go round. :ylsuper: Should be a good overall tire, again, not a great mudder but it seems here lately, the mud is fewer and farther between.

ACF132.jpg

go for some toyos there timmarh!
the ATs will last ya a good long time, look nice ride well and are quiet

Ricksons? Tim don't want to go the mini trucker look do ya buddy lol? You got a CB'er antenna on the rig buddy?

I like those ATZs as well. Not a big fan of mudder tires myself but that's just me. My Toyo A/Ts are wearing pretty well compared to the Nitto's I had.

My next set are going to be some 325/50R22 Proxes. Going to feel a lot better going 100mph down the road or track not rolling on a mud tire.

Tires_in_ProxST.jpg

No CB Mike LOL the Proxes may not look good with the bumpers LOL

duke1n said:
Ricksons? Tim don't want to go the mini trucker look do ya buddy lol? You got a CB'er antenna on the rig buddy?

I like those ATZs as well. Not a big fan of mudder tires myself but that's just me. My Toyo A/Ts are wearing pretty well compared to the Nitto's I had.

My next set are going to be some 325/50R22 Proxes. Going to feel a lot better going 100mph down the road or track not rolling on a mud tire.

Tires_in_ProxST.jpg

eh.... its not that bad.
granted, its better in a lowered car w/ performance tires, but hey it could be worse; you could have boggers or bias ply iroks

sredish said:
i have decided on the 40" Mickey T Baja ATZ for my truck the next go round. :ylsuper: Should be a good overall tire, again, not a great mudder but it seems here lately, the mud is fewer and farther between.

ACF132.jpg

If you wanted those in the 38" variety on Weld Dune 8s (18x12).
I know we had a set that a customer lost his deposit on and we were trying to unload for a good price. I could always check if Marty still has them....

I run 42 psi front and 32 psi rear.
Next tire for me is 40/15.50R20 Toyos :rockwoot: