Duramax/Alli in a Super Duty

Hopefully your controls are easier to see at night than the vintage,I installed in my Ford can't see the label's very poor illumination.The rest of the system works great.Dakota Digital make's a nice electronic climate controls for gen4.going to get one for mine when I get some more extra cash.they also have the dash replacement for yours that will read the Allison display.

Dale

Hopefully your controls are easier to see at night than the vintage,I installed in my Ford can't see the label's very poor illumination.The rest of the system works great.Dakota Digital make's a nice electronic climate controls for gen4.going to get one for mine when I get some more extra cash.they also have the dash replacement for yours that will read the Allison display.

Dale

Yeah they suck. Can't see them in day or night. They are tiny and just etched into chrome and don't light up. I will have to look at the better controls and see if they will work with this setup. What is the display for the Allison you are talking about? Do you mean a different gauge cluster? Send me a link if you would.

Yes its is integrated into a gauge with tack,pressure gauge,it's like 6 gauges in one face.they are $$$$$$
I talked to them 2yrs ago about make a gear select display only well they made one but put it into a gauge cluster.I'm sure they would sell more gear select displays for the Allison 6sp.than the full gauges for $600.00 plus.

Dale

I just called Dakota the Tec guy I talked to said they didn't make a gear select display in any gauges.He has to be new he was studdering around couldn't answer some of my ? .
Try back next week maybe I'll get ahold of someone else.

Dale

I like the climate control that's a lot better. If I could get a new cluster to read the dmax info and replace the ford gauges I would do that but another gauge is a bit much at this point. It has the factory ford cluster, 5 autometers, the PCS D200 dash logger and a surface tablet with EFI logging and gauges. Oh and the digital DSP5 switch and Allison tapshift indicator.

Well after 1700 miles I get to take it apart again. It guess someone forgot the reluctor ring on the crank likes to come off and decided loctite was not needed. So now the engine has to come apart to fix that, and hopefully it can be done without taking it out again, but the way this build has gone I doubt it.:doh:

In the mean time I did get the new badges and installed them.
2014-01-28091223_zps8611a80a.jpg

In the mean time I did get the new badges and installed them.
2014-01-28091223_zps8611a80a.jpg

Saw them on your Facebook page. I posted the one underhood pic tonight (tagged you in it), Everyone loves it!!

Sent from my flashscan v2

Finally got a chance to hit the rollers with it. Not a loaded dyno and it only made 52PSI total but still did 714 hp and 1020 tq.
2014-02-22235314_zps2e00976b.mp4.html

Forgot to update this but I ended up having to do a Bulletproof oil cooler and PPE oil filter/cooler delete because the front drive shaft was having "minor" clearance issues with the filter when you would hit a speed bump too hard.
2014-03-28183426_zpsf25709c8.jpg

Next I am going to be replacing the gauges and D200 datalogger with a Autometer AMP digital dash and gauge cluster. Should be fun and help eliminate some of the wiring in the truck, or it might make more!:ford::lolly:

Very nice work! Bummer you had so much trouble with the engine builder... Hope they made it right.

Yes, the D-max is a very cold blooded sob... I'm in Fairbanks Alaska. The only way it gets up to temp is with the bumper cover & grill cover on driving down the road. 160 ish is all she will do in town at -40*F.

Mishimoto makes some high temp t-stats I will try next winter. http://www.mishimoto.com/chevy-duramax-2500-thermostat.html

Well the new dash/console is done with all the switches moved and the Surface tablet flush mounted. Up next will be building in the Autometer APM digital dash and data logger into the dash over the factory cluster.
2014-07-08174403_zps4c74ea29.jpg

Back