Duramax Fuel Delivery

HurtMan

I have a Fass 150 thats only giving 7.5 psi. I have stretched the spring with very little success. In the race tune I can drop low fuel pressure guage to -o- almost immediately, I have not upgraded the fuel pickup (in tank) yet. I have two questions thinking aboat putting a HellMann (diesel performance) gravitiy feed kit in, or for aboat half cost put in a fuel straw. Was wanting to gather a few oppionions. The other question I have is I want to bring low pressure psi to 12 psi. at idle. I was told that you can install a fuel pressure regulator on the return on the Fass 150 (to make desired fuel pressure) anyone had any luck doing this.This truck has become a real learning experience I'm no machanic but I'm learning as I go, so thanks for any help or ideas.

I don't have any experience with the Fass. With the mods in your sig though you definitely need a pickup modification; That's where I'd start.

Bigger pick up and fuel line to the Fass is a good start. My Kennedy dual pumps put out around 9 at idle. I'll have fuel pressure gauge hooked up soon, so I'll be able to watch how bad I pull it down with the big tune.
Good luck.

Put in a flow control valve on the low pressure side today easily brought up low pressure feed to 12.5 psi. It held pretty good pressure in tow tune, But dropped to -0- again in the race tune. My fuel straw should be here tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if my pressure go's up with the aftermarket straw in. Hopefully this give me the volume I need !!!

I have a Fass 150 thats only giving 7.5 psi. I have stretched the spring with very little success. In the race tune I can drop low fuel pressure guage to -o- almost immediately, I have not upgraded the fuel pickup (in tank) yet. I have two questions thinking aboat putting a HellMann (diesel performance) gravitiy feed kit in, or for aboat half cost put in a fuel straw. Was wanting to gather a few oppionions. The other question I have is I want to bring low pressure psi to 12 psi. at idle. I was told that you can install a fuel pressure regulator on the return on the Fass 150 (to make desired fuel pressure) anyone had any luck doing this.This truck has become a real learning experience I'm no machanic but I'm learning as I go, so thanks for any help or ideas.

This is what I did, I did take it one step further and used a Fass drawstraw as the return to the bottom of the tank instead of the filler neck. I have a -10 line from the Hellmann to the Fass and an -8 line from the return from the Fass to the Drawstraw in the tank. Previous to this I had a Billet pickup in the tank which magnified my 1/4 issues, come to find out when I pulled the tank that the duel line supplied with the billet pickup had actually split and wasnt even attached to the pickup, I couldnt go but about 180 -200 miles on a tank of fuel without it dying in traffic. Anyway, here's a link to my Hellmann install. It starts at about post # 60

Anybody try a sump in the stock fuel tank???? - Page 4 - Duramax Diesels Forum

I have a Hellmann sump in mine and it works great, my Fass will not suck air til the fuel light comes on now. When I had the draw straw it would start sucking air around 1/4 tank whenever I hit the brakes hard or floored it, it would loose all fuel pressure and I would have to get out and crack the filter to get it to reprime.

Never heard of this setup. I'll have to look into it; maybe learn something.

Just installed a Air Dog ll 180-240 GPH (built in regulator) it s a pretty nice install with the fuel return back on the fuel cooler, instead of in the filler neck. With this pump there is no mistaking when its runnin. I also installed a 1/2" fuel pick-up straw saw a 3 psi. gain on the guage at idle, kinda surprised me cause OEM fuel pick-up is 1/2 and just drill couple holes in the cup. I guess smooth 1/2" vs. corrugated go figure??? Now just need to do some test and tune.