Duramax into 2006 Dodge Ram 2500

mjf1989

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 mega cab that has a 5.7 liter hemi in it right now. I am thinking about swapping a duramax engine into it.

What are some good diesel shops in ohio or pennsylvania that I should look at for doing this swap?

I think you had a typo there. You mixed up the word Cummins with the word Duramax.

exactly... it would be different, but different is a total waste if it just costs a bunch of money and doesn't really do anything neato that you can't do easily otherwise.

just buy a GM with a dmax in it. you can get them pretty cheap these days.

Most people don't buy a dodge for the truck it's for the bad ace cummins it comes with

Ya that's all back azzwards. Either buy a duramax pick up (for probably near the cost of the whole swap) or put a cummins in it. But that's JMO.

did any of you think that maybe he just wanted to keep his truck which is a mega cab and swap in a duramax before ramming his azz? probably likes the extra room

Their not much more room then the chevy is their? If u have a lot if time and money do it. How much u want for the 5.7 hemi so I can stuff it into my foxbody?

did any of you think that maybe he just wanted to keep his truck which is a mega cab and swap in a duramax before ramming his azz? probably likes the extra room

What is he going to gain from swapping a dmax into what was already designed for a cummins? I know people like the dmax just like others like the cummins. But for the headache of just saying you did it for no real gain?

And have you been in a Ford or Chevy crew cab? They aren't exactly small......

I thought he had a Hemi... I thought he would have a non-legal swap... I thought it would be a huge waste of time... I thought he could buy a crew cab Dmax or buy a diesel mega cab