Duramax pulling video's 4-19-08 in Kentucky

I don't know anything.
Keep that in mind.
First 2 vids, No buisiness trying 4th.
Sounds good 3rd or 4th vid.
Then, is the track wet?, Or just that shiny, "glass" look after 30 people pulled on a decent track?
Last vid, I think your coming out weak. Boost up, let her eat, ride it out.
Like I said, I know nothing.
I believe you need BIG hp. to go 4th gear. Could be way off though, I'm sure someone will let me know...Next!

Just watched 1st vid again. White smoke on backup to sled.
Prolly good power right?, Downshift near end of pull?, Prolly all in the tuning.
Good Luck bro.

Those were the first pulls for the truck set up the way it is now. The trans tune was lost during a reflash hours before the first pull. Funny that first pull won the 2.5 class the second was in the 2.8 class, same with the Tollesboro pull that night double entered to get more tuning done.

maybe someone can help me here but the first truck on the frankfort video that broke what happend? and what caused the flames to come out of the stack at the end?

There was a BIG Holset that let go and some oil was igniting in the turbine housing and being pushed out the stack. I was down on the line 20 ft from it watching the track guys pick up hot turbo parts.

I don't know anything.
Keep that in mind.
First 2 vids, No buisiness trying 4th.
Sounds good 3rd or 4th vid.
Then, is the track wet?, Or just that shiny, "glass" look after 30 people pulled on a decent track?
Last vid, I think your coming out weak. Boost up, let her eat, ride it out.
Like I said, I know nothing.
I believe you need BIG hp. to go 4th gear. Could be way off though, I'm sure someone will let me know...Next!

yeah, he gave up on 4th after the first two hooks. :D

Track was shining, not wet...

Both trucks were brand new for this year so some bugs need to be worked out... in the last video, the truck was only three wheel drive and didn't realize it til he hooked. He also blew the tires off it on the launch. you can see that in the long video cumminsdriver posted. Both have some bugs to work out but should do pretty good this year. :rockwoot:

I think Garrick hates me now Chris... haven't heard from him since the pulls. :D I still feel terrible about my f-up. :bang :kick: :bang :doh:

C-ya

What happened Mitch?

I made a booboo flashing in a trans tune... didn't save the stocker so it got written over and the new tune didn't work worth a damn. :doh: :kick:

crazy thing is I usually always save stock stuff like three or four different places - very meticulous about it - but worried about being done in time for the pull a couple hours away, I f-ed up and forgot to. :badidea:

So yeah, he was a bit on edge Sat. at my expense. :( For thirty minutes prior to the pull he was out cruising nearby neighborhoods trying to get the trans to learn to shift a little better. In fact, he rushed in off the street, we threw weights on the front and straight to the scales he went. The whole day he never even so much as got to adjust tire pressures and only scaled in at 8000#s.

Good news was, the truck ran pretty good, too bad the shifting wasn't what it was just a few hours prior to the pull. I think they got some logs to look over this week to try and tweak the tuning a bit more. Can't wait for TS!!!

C-ya

It sounded stout for sure, his transmission just wasnt cooperating. What happened to his old truck, and how come he went to this new one?

Eric

Its his Birthday this weekend Mitch we will get him tanked and you guys will be hugging in no time.

Yeah, today is his b-day isn't it?

Travis, it's a single CP3, 2.5 truck. :D

Its his Birthday this weekend Mitch we will get him tanked and you guys will be hugging in no time.

I don't know about all the huggin but we'll definately have to kick back a couple extra clamato's for him!

c-ya

Ah man, gonna be a crazy weekend if we're gettin "loose on the goose"

:rockwoot: <--- just for you G. ;) LOL