Duramax Rail- Who will be King in 2016

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Looks Like Dmitri is going to throw his sparkly hat into the ring with his purchase of Lott's old rail. That makes 5 Duramaxer rails Next year:

Making laps Currently:

Jeff Dean

Making Laps at night at an undisclosed location:

H&S

Making laps on Jackstands:

Greg Hogue

Making laps in Mothballs:

Banks

Making laps in theory:

Wade

Making Laps in the Dyno Racing League

Dmitri

Who will be the best lap maker on the racetrack when Jeff finally sees some competition?

Side bet:

Who will make it to the track first of the 4 not out right now?

I know I'm new but what's a duramax rail? Is it a sand rail with a duramax in it

I know I'm new but what's a duramax rail? Is it a sand rail with a duramax in it

Tim is talking about a Duramax powered dragster. BTW there is a Duramax powered sand rail dragster already... The guys at Merchant Automotive have one and it is great at the sand drags and they bolted slicks onto it at the DNR Customs drag race in Milan, MI ant it was a wild ride but fast running a best pass of something like 9.3X at 138 MPH or something like that while he was pedaling the car down the strip...

As to Tim's question of which one gets out there on the track to race Jeff, I'd have to say Wade since he has raced the most recently of the ones mentioned. But I would imagine that Banks could pull their's out of the museum and get it on the strip the easiest if they desired to do it...

I'm backing Dmitri! Kid has an unreal drive once he puts his mind to something.

I'm backing Dmitri! Kid has an unreal drive once he puts his mind to something.

Engine is coming out of the Dyno racing truck And getting refreshed this week. It was good to talk to many of the members from this site at fleece this weekend, I have a new goal to work toward, and I can't wait to get this car out in competition ! I'll post pics as we progress :)

Engine is coming out of the Dyno racing truck And getting refreshed this week. It was good to talk to many of the members from this site at fleece this weekend, I have a new goal to work toward, and I can't wait to get this car out in competition ! I'll post pics as we progress :)

so are you done chasing 2K then?

either way, im excited to see a rail go down the track.

Well if there ever was a hope of beating Schied that has to be it.

Not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but Dmitri knows what's he's up against....Scheid comes out to about 2000rwhp, and you can't correct trap speed, so he'll have to be right there to compete.

You know what I wish? I wish the three headed monster that is Wade, Greg and D would've chosen some other engine platform than the Dmax.

If we're talking rails, does this one count?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj1gj8KAPko"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj1gj8KAPko[/ame]

I kid, I kid....but it is pretty cool.

Last edited:
Not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but Dmitri knows what's he's up against....Scheid comes out to about 2000rwhp, and you can't correct trap speed, so he'll have to be right there to compete.

Dead serious, no question Dmitri's Dmax is making some power, just going to have to turn those 2 second glory pulls into 6 second reality.

How can we help Jeff get new sponsors to up his game a notch or three?!?! :D

Dead serious, no question Dmitri's Dmax is making some power, just going to have to turn those 2 second glory pulls into 6 second reality.

Thank you brotha ! We know we can hold 2200 crank hp behind an Allison, I'm excited to see what a clutch sucks it down like .

Pretty sure I can hear Wade destroying his furniture from Ikea in his double wide right now.

Whoever's rails isn't backed off the trailer and put on jack stands for the weekend