Duramax wiring harness. Who makes one?

I emailed the guy on EBAY and he said he simply reverse engineered GM's harness to work as a stand alone. This is the same thing PPE does from what they told me. I've looked at the factory manuals for an 02 and it looks pretty straight forward to do the re-wire. The good part is that most of the DMAX harness is already stand-alone with just a few connections to the truck. The BIG hurdle is the PASSLOCK and BCM. The PPE XCELLERATOR and EFILIVE both can program this out, but you MUST hook in an OBDII port to do so. Or you could send your ECM to an EFILIVE programmer to have the BCM and PASSLOCK overridden. This will allow the ECM and TCM work together, but won't allow the transfer case module to work as it hooks into the BCM.

I've been doing ALOT of homework on this subject as I have decided to deep six my 6.5 and go with a DMAX in my SUB. Just looking for a good donor at the moment as I want to go with a LB7, prefferably an 01-02 as they are MUCH simpler to wire in and don't have any of the DIC to worry about.

That's some pretty interesting information. Thanks :Cheer: I didn't think it would be impossible to modify the harness but the biggest hurdle for me is the throttle pedal assembly, if I don't have the ability to get one with an engine/trans combo, I need to be able to wire that up. I really hate wiring too...:doh:

Contact Jared at Current Performance Wiring. Jared can modify a stock harness and he can reprogram the ECM. A modified stock harness will have the OBDII port as well as a the connector for the APP.
www.currentperformance.com

Here's what Jared told me in regards to modifying or making a stand alone harness for a duramax...

I am afraid we do not deal much with diesel setups. I can't help you with that one.

JaredCurrent Performance Wiringcurrentperformance.com