Dynatrac Free Spin kit or Posi Lock

Possibly, but that is on the spindle. I thought the Ford spindles were used as part of the conversion. That way everything from the spindle out would be Ford. Use the spindle, stub shaft, bearings, hubs, calipers and rotors from the Ford.

If you want to do it as a simple bolt on you will need the Knuckles from the Ford Dana 60 as well. If you want to use the dodge front brake calipers the ford spindles need to be re drilled (one hole) and they will bolt onto the dodge knuckle.

Ford's use dual piston calipers. Even he 1979 Ford axle I have has that. Pretty sad that my 1998 Dodge is a single piston.

Ford does use a dual piston caliper, Dodge a single. But if you compare the size of both brake setups, rotors included, side by side the full story isn't told in the number of pistons that the caliper has.

I would price both the ford and dodge components and use the cheapest.;-). that is unless 79 ford 3/4 tons stop real good.

i have ford parts ball joints out. as for mileage i have no idea don't drive the truck enough. as for moving trailers in two-wheel low awsome. i did put a locker in rear about the same time and really have not had to use 4x4 but it does work just like a reg front except i still use the vacum to move the fork for the front. i have a locker to put in the front and when i do that i will just put a one piece axle up there. as for using the ford parts. everything from the ball joints out will be taking off the dodge front and you just install the ford parts. if do it this way when you put it all together your going to have to toe out the front of your truck. to get it to the alignement shop