Dyno Guesses?

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
What do you guys think? Mods are BHAF, DDP4+'s, DDP fuel pin, 4-inch exhaust, HTT Stage IV and a .092 jet. Trans has a Goerend converter ;)

My guess is 408rwhp :nos:

I predict Sands will have to fix something after the dyno run. LOL

Do you not have the 3200 governor spring in it? If not, you are missing out, especially with an automatic. My buddy put one in his 5 speed and i think it was the best thing he did to it.

Ill predict 374hp.

Eric

More info on the turbo and injectors, also what orfice number and size are the POD's so many of the 1st gen guys run? Thats a nice size jet for your spray, trust me if you have not sprayed a hit that size before, start much smaller and work your way up, thats a big hit and will require lots of fuel. Would love to see ya do 400+
When ya hittin' the rollers?

I am going to come in high and say 420 with the NX. I think you have the fuel for it.

Well, disappointment. I didn't have the fuel turned up as much as the last dyno run I guess, I made 270rwhp on fuel and 340rwhp on spray. No popping or missing or anything with the .092 jet, I think my line from the solenoid to the nozzle (-3) is holding me back. Made 320rwhp with the bottle pressure at 900psi and 340 at 1050, so it could for sure use more nitrous. Kinda bummed at the numbers, I'm going to play with the pump a bit and add a bigger line then go back.

How far do you 1st gen guys have your pumps turned up? Mine when it dynoed last time at 301 was turned up to where it would run to the governor if you revved it up in neutral, and the truck would maintain 50mph or so without any throttle. IS this where y'all have yours set at? It's kind of annoying to drive around in traffic always having to hit the brakes.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I have the fuel set 2 turns out. I was able to get the idle down to 800rpm in neutral and it's not too bad driving in traffic.
With POD's 66mm turbo and pump mods I made 398RWHP on a dynojet.

A trip up to Fortuna for a bit of tuning might be in order.

That amount of juice and only a 70hp gain...id say you dont have enough fuel. Are you running a home ground pin or a after market like DennyT's or another? Whats the hole # and size on your sticks? Those numbers seem low, on the spray what there still smoke present or did it all clean up?
Out 1st gen will not make it to the track this weekend, the valve body is acting up in the new tranny, we have a full manual on order for the 518a. 340 hp will still move that truck pretty good, get her to the track and report some back some good E.T.'s

You need to remove the AFC lever and forget about the pin. After all, you're using spray to aid in burn. That little charger wouldn't care if the AFC was gone. What is your fuel supply?

#1, it's all about making the injection pump produce more fuel without even touching the fuel screw. I set the fuel screw to where the engine will idle anywhere between 650-750rpm in gear on an auto or 5spd, and where there is no sign of run away, ie the engine speed immediately returns to idle after releasing the throttle. No hanging up there etc.

#2, advance your timing, and for the dyno run, unplug your ksb!!! Might even place some ice, cold beer or an icepack on the ksb 5-15mins prior to the dyno run.

Last, I bet your stock nonIC'd injectors (4x12's) would make more HP than those ddp's.

#1, it's all about making the injection pump produce more fuel without even touching the fuel screw. I set the fuel screw to where the engine will idle anywhere between 650-750rpm in gear on an auto or 5spd, and where there is no sign of run away, ie the engine speed immediately returns to idle after releasing the throttle. No hanging up there etc.

That's kinda my question, is there any other pump mods I can do short of a 14mm or having different injectors to increase my fueling? Oh and the DDP's gained 30hp at the stock pump setting ;)

I'm trying a bigger nitrous line and going to see if that helps, then turn the pump up more..... has anyone used nitrous and water meth?? :bang

Back