Dynoed The Twins

Doesn't it have to shift to have a shift spike??

The spikes at the end of your runs are NOT your "real" max readings! :rolleyes:

The mph on your graphs shows that the operater tried to do the runs with overdrive off. The spike at the end of the run is a false "shock" to the dyno because the truck hit the rev-limiter.

Pretty easy to see.

Get Eric to write you a dyno tune for your SCT so you can dyno it in overdrive without it downshifting. ;)

648uncorrectedfuel.jpg

Was there an earthquake during your runs ? LOL

I can't explain that....it's the roughest looking dyno graph I've ever seen.

Never seen 1 break up that bad that early. Did you data log the truck? HPOP pressure would be interesting to see.

Here is one from nov. with the single. The dyno operator said that all the fords he does are rough. He made it out to not be a big dea
scan0001.jpg
l.

Y'all gonna make me go Old School up in here.....here's mine. Bow down beotches.
609064.jpg

I don't know about this one, looks like a bunch of white out all over the place and crayons used for the curves and hand written max numbers :kick::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Here is one from nov. with the single. The dyno operator said that all the fords he does are rough. He made it out to not be a big deal.

You have some serious issues with your truck!!!! As Don said, it has all the signs of HEUI High Pressure Oil problems :(

And by the way.......NONE of those runs you posted from Nov. are over 500 hp or 700 ft. lbs. of TQ ;)

Here are a couple 6.0 graphs. One is a 2.8 charger the lesser is a 2.6 charger neither had power adders of any sort. The first graph was an inertia dyno which killed the Tq numbers with a large single.

Here is one from nov. with the single. The dyno operator said that all the fords he does are rough. He made it out to not be a big dea
scan0001.jpg
l.

90mph? what gear were you in? I looked as if you were hitting the rev limter in the 80 to 85mph range.

Yawn....
I like how guys boast the numbers they lay down on a really small Dyno-Jet 224xLC.Certainly alot easier to make power on the small wheels of that dyno than a 248c or 248H.........Andy

Yawn....
I like how guys boast the numbers they lay down on a really small Dyno-Jet 224xLC.Certainly alot easier to make power on the small wheels of that dyno than a 248c or 248H.........Andy

Care to explain?? You lost me.

Care to explain?? You lost me.

how quickly can you accelerate a bicycle wheel vs say your tire on your truck when the axel is on the jack stand.

If you are forced to take more time to rotate a bigger mass, you have more accuracy, even tho, in theory, you should produce the same HP number. This is assuming the lack of load isn't compensating for an issue.

The ford folks think your high pressure oil system has some issue. If your fuel system can produce enough fuel for a 3 second run to spin the lighter load. that's good. the real issue here is if the same fuel system has an issue where if it's made to work longer then 3 seconds to spin a bigger load it will fall flat on it's face, act funny. what ever the case may be

Not sure how it can translate for a ford HUEI system. But on a CR motor you can use the rail in this example. If you have X amount of fuel under Y pressure just before your run. Then you go WOT, X amount of fuel depletes at rate Z. right? This works and say it produces 500hp on a smaller drum.

Now you need to spin a bigger drum, Same X, Same Y. This time, due to a faulty CP3, the Rate of Z is needed twice as long and in this case the cp3 can' keep up. And things fall flat or get spikey

I know I'm close on this analogy! :)

This is great...read the date and times.....
Dockboy:
01-12-2009, 07:22 PM

It tells me you spent alot of time, effort, and money to create a very complicated and inefficient single turbo system

Dustys Diesel:

01-12-2009, 09:55 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chucky, How much hp did you make out of your super large setup. How come you only get 7psi out your HP turbo?? I don't understand?? What is the problem. Why don't you have a better ratio?? It tells me you spent alot of time, effort, and money to create a very complicated and inefficient single turbo system.

This is great...read the date and times.....
Dockboy:
01-12-2009, 07:22 PM

It tells me you spent alot of time, effort, and money to create a very complicated and inefficient single turbo system

Dustys Diesel:

01-12-2009, 09:55 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chucky, How much hp did you make out of your super large setup. How come you only get 7psi out your HP turbo?? I don't understand?? What is the problem. Why don't you have a better ratio?? It tells me you spent alot of time, effort, and money to create a very complicated and inefficient single turbo system.

I thought that was pretty funny stuff.

Back