E-gate, gate plate, or other mounting options?

cumminsrulez

I'm looking to do a e gate on my fmw. And it will be going into compounds with a ht4b. I'm torn between a precision 38mm gate and a turbosmart pro 40mm gate. This setup will probably end up around 650-700hp hopefully. Most likely never see nitrous. I've heard mixed reviews about gate plates not flowing enough. And am kind of nervous to weld a pipe to my manifold. But was wondering if a Cali manifold with the egr port at cylinder #4 would flow enough. They can be gotten pretty cheap and would be a clean install. That's why i looked at this option. What i wanna know is your guys thoughts. Would a precision 38mm gate on a cali manifold flow enough? Or should i weld a pipe onto mine similar to what others have done. I'm just torn and don't want to drop a bunch of cash on a gate and changing everything up and get disappointed with the results.

I'll sell you my turbosmart hypergate 45mm Cody, I want to go up to a 50mm.

I think you could make your own gate plate with 2 flanges and some rectangular tubing between. Just weld a divider in the middle and make where the gate comes off a lot like the steed gate port, instead of narrow like a gate plate.
7D857B46-1709-45FF-886E-A1084A750CB8.jpg