Early 99 Blowby

9724VF350

Tractor Guy
Just got done putting 02 injectors in, runs way better. When I first opened the hood before I started I noticed it looked like oil had been blowing out the dipstick tube. (handle is broken off.) Complete intake system was oily, when I went back together I capped the intake fitting and ran a hose down off the valve cover. This thing has a stupid amount of blowby. At a idle it's a constant heavy stream, no puffing. Runs fairly strong, really gives me the impression that it may be something else. Is there anything else that could be pumping air into the crankcase other than past the rings?
Thanks.

Lots of blowby is normal in these trucks. The amount of visible smoke from the blowby can vary based on engine oil used.

As you described, it's a stream and not puffing. Stream is good, puffing is bad.

If its hitting like one cylinder every rotation is pushing it out then you may have problems. PSD's always stream blow by though and pretty heavily, I always run a ccv hose to the back of the truck because of the amount of smoke and fumes that come out of them.

Conclusion is that it's whooped. Pushes hard out valve cover breather hose, puffs hard out oil fill. Blows dipstick out when you stand on the loud pedal. Other vehicles avoid you to stay away from the blue smoke. It didn't do that till someone she knows borrowed it to haul horses, before I put the injectors in, I had to push it in the shop for injectors after they brought it back.

Worst part is it's my sisters, she needs to sell it. Her less-than-worthless ex stuck her with it. He traded her low mile 06 F150 Xcab 4x4 off on his truck and bought her this. Another story.

What's a pretty clean 215K 99 F350 4X4 crew cab auto dually worth that needs a engine?
It's got 02 Alliant injectors that only have 3k on them

Back