East Coast Truckin Nationals May 4th, 5th

That's too bad, what the hell is wrong with these east coast guys, why won't they come out and race?????
because TS is in two weeks. When this event was a month later last year there were plenty of people there.

That's too bad, what the hell is wrong with these east coast guys, why won't they come out and race?????

My thoughts exactly. I drove down from D.C. just to watch and only stayed a couple hours due to the low turnout of competitors. I believe there was only one 11.90 truck (Super Diesel), which is the class I wanted to watch.

Decent event. Not a lot of racers but the dyno turnout was pretty good. Saw a 793 and a lot of ticked off people who put a bunch of $$$$$ in their trucks! All in all it was a good time.

don't worry Randy, west coast won't let you down

I don't think it was a East Coast/West Coast thing. Dennis has a big race coming up in two weeks. Last I checked his race has been on the same weekend for the last few years. The NHRDA moved their race up from last year(probably a scheduling issue). I'm pretty sure that might have had something to do with it. Thanks Randy and everybody at the NHRDA for all that y'all do.

Last edited:
I don't think it was a East Coast/West Coast thing. Dennis has a big race coming up in two weeks. Last I checked his race has been on the same weekend for the last few years. The NHRDA moved their race up from last year(probably a scheduling issue). I'm pretty sure that might have had something to do with it. Thanks Randy and everybody at the NHRDA for all that y'all do.

I don't know Travis, two weeks between races seems like a lot to time to me, especially for the Super Street and Super Diesel trucks. How many bracket racers were there? Looked like a great track, Schied sure did seem to have any trouble getting that rail to hook up.

Too far. Plus TS would be a better event
I don't consider 700 miles too far since we have already gone 1250 to Phoeniox, 2000 to Ennis TX and will be doing that again in OCT, plus 2150 to Indy and 975 to Edmonton AB. I don't doubt TS is a better event, but there won't be any events if we don't support them.

Who did show? Was dock boy there? How about Wade, hell this race was practically in his back yard. How about Team Green, Black Mamba, Buck? I heard The Smith truck was there.

Who did show? Was dock boy there? How about Wade, hell this race was practically in his back yard. How about Team Green, Black Mamba, Buck? I heard The Smith truck was there.

we are in the middle of planting.

I was there Friday night for the pulls, good amount of trucks not alot of people in the stands. The later it got in the evening i started to see more and more diesels making passes. Didn't make it Saturday was still working on my truck to get it down there but couldn't get it together in time. I did get a lot of friends calling and complaining about the dyno. Couple sent some videos too and every one looked like the operator wasn't even loading the trucks up??

We were in the neighborhood so we stopped by to get one pass in. Damn rain !!!!
The new converter and bruno set up worked flawless. We only made one 1/8 mile pass. 5.7 in the 1/8 with a 1.4 sixty foot. Not our usual 1.15-1.2 sixty.

We were in the neighborhood so we stopped by to get one pass in. Damn rain !!!!
The new converter and bruno set up worked flawless. We only made one 1/8 mile pass. 5.7 in the 1/8 with a 1.4 sixty foot. Not our usual 1.15-1.2 sixty.
Holy crap, "in the neighborhood"? Were there any East Coast Pro Stock trucks there?

A few of my buddies put their trucks up on the rollers and were disappointed. They were expecting north of 800 HP and were in the 650-700 range. It seemed anything over 700 would just spin on the rollers.....

I'm sure the wet weather had something to do with it...:bang

I was there Friday night for the pulls, good amount of trucks not alot of people in the stands. The later it got in the evening i started to see more and more diesels making passes. Didn't make it Saturday was still working on my truck to get it down there but couldn't get it together in time. I did get a lot of friends calling and complaining about the dyno. Couple sent some videos too and every one looked like the operator wasn't even loading the trucks up??

[ame="http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww274/bumpassva/?action=view&current=2012-05-04_21-00-21_430.mp4"]2012-05-04_21-00-21_430.mp4 video by bumpassva - Photobucket[/ame]

Schied 3.0 exhibition pull

It was quite a dismal turnout. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that it was supposed to rain most of the day. Schieds dragster mad an awesome couple runs to bad their last one spun a lil so couldnt back up that 6.82 still 2 runs at 203mph was cool to see

It was quite a dismal turnout. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that it was supposed to rain most of the day. Schieds dragster mad an awesome couple runs to bad their last one spun a lil so couldnt back up that 6.82 still 2 runs at 203mph was cool to see

Is that you Jeff?

Back