ECM issues

Black Ice

c-pop
Has anyone had ecm problems and or replaced an ecm on a 24v. Racking my brain with drivability issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

my ecm went out on me one day just driving along like miss daisy. truck just shut off due to the fass not getting power. tried hardwiring the fass to fix my problem to no avail and found out it was my ecm. had no pedal response whatsoever and had a hard time idling. bought a used one off of odieub (brett) on here and it fixed all my problems. Do yourself a favor and find a used one, as they're crazy expensive otherwise

Had one go out on the 01. It would die and then start right back up most of the time. It keep getting worse and finally quit completely on day.

Mine went out on the highway and the truck went freakin' bizzerk. Rpm's kept going from 1900 to 2800 and back, all the gauges went to pegged out at the top, all kinds of freaky chit. It was like a deamon jumped on board.

Find someone with a similar truck that has about 30 mintues. Swap them and make sure before you buy a new one.

My brother lost one on his 2002... had some unsolveable operational issues.. swapped in the ECM from my 2002 and it was like a new truck. I have his old ECM in my Ppump truck...

same issues when my 02 went out. the truck woud crank and idle, but surge up and down on its own, temp gauge pegged, lots of high and low voltage dtc's, just went beserk. i ended up getting a rebuilt one. i would not recomend that. i have already had to replace it. get one from a junkyard, individual or the dealer. just remember you will have to get your vin # programmed into it.

thanks guys, tried another ecm seems to have fixed it, however sometimes the truck would run fine for a week before it acted up.

Mine went out on my 02, started fine one morning, drove about 1.5 miles and shut it down for about 10 minutes. When I got back in, it wouldn't start, nothing. Had it towed to DDP, unloaded from the tow truck and it started fine! But they ran some diagnostics and found that the ECM was toast.

Replaced the ECM and everything has been good since then.

Wonder what type of diagnostics they performed, maybe I should give them a call.

My 98 is having ecm issues i believe. Ive got a fass on the truck, and 90% of the time you have to wait 10-15 seconds after you turn the key on before the computer turns the pump on. Hear this was a common problem on 98.5's. Is that right? Also if i find a used ecm does it have to be off a 98 or would a 99 work? Thanks.

My 98 is having ecm issues i believe. Ive got a fass on the truck, and 90% of the time you have to wait 10-15 seconds after you turn the key on before the computer turns the pump on. Hear this was a common problem on 98.5's. Is that right? Also if i find a used ecm does it have to be off a 98 or would a 99 work? Thanks.

from my understanding any of them 98.5-2002 ecm's will work if you want to pay the $95 to get it flashed for your truck. Otherwise, it'll have to be 98.5-00 off of an auto if yours is an auto or off of a manual if yours is a manual. Pretty sure that's right, but i've been wrong before.I do know the ecm i swapped in came off of a 2000 5 speed and worked on my 99 5 speed without having it reflashed.