ECM swap to run efi live?

BWC

I know theres a bunch of threads on this but I never found any answers. Has any one figured it out yet? How to swap ecm's so we can run live on 03/04?

Yes lots of people have done this. If its for competition and you don't care about your dash working then just swap on a late 5.9 ecm, harness, rocker spacer, valve cover, VC gasket and pedal. If you want your dash to work then thats a different story.

I'm sort of amazed that Painless haven't blipped one out, yet.

Mark.

Thanks for helpin out boys, I want my dash to work so ill give that guy a pm

Anyone that can actually give me some answers on how to rein my painless harness to use with an 06 ECM ? It already has the inputs for the apps pedal and the sensors that are different from 03-05 style. I've asked this before with no real answers.

do you need rpms/ fueling above 4000... if not then dont swap... not worth the money, i sell efi live so im not biased just stating facts.

Danny is right. Although Efilive has much more features and data logging, its hard to justify the money unless your involved in heavy competition. UDC will work fine for the mass of people waiting in SCI support.

Danny is right. Although Efilive has much more features and data logging, its hard to justify the money unless your involved in heavy competition. UDC will work fine for the mass of people waiting in SCI support.

What is UDC?

I don't need the high rpms I'm just a firm believer in efi live since I formerly owned a duramax. The csp5 is a nice feature too which smarty can't do. It's a PIA to spend 10 min loading new tunes all the time

I would like to convert mine to an 06 style harness so I can run the apps pedal instead of the tps on the intake, efi live is just more of a reason to do it, all I need is someone like you're self who has done it to give me some insite on how exactly to make it happen

UDC- user defined catcher
It's an add on module or as they call it dongle that you can use with their software to custom tune similar to efi live which will give you a more efficient, lower smoke Smoother running engine

Gotcha, didnt smarty come out with software that you can "change on the fly"?

I would like to convert mine to an 06 style harness so I can run the apps pedal instead of the tps on the intake, efi live is just more of a reason to do it, all I need is someone like you're self who has done it to give me some insite on how exactly to make it happen

Repinning the OEM harness is a huge pain. Becomes a tangled mess in a hurry. May be easier with a painless. What you need is the pinout for a 06 or 07 ecm and the pinouts of the c1 & c2 plugs for the painless harness.
Make the painless harness match the 06 ecm pinout. The red plastic pin removal tools are junk, buy several of them. You could sell the painless harness and build a stand alone OEM harness easier and pocket some money. I wouldn't try to repin a $1k harness.

Not that I've seen

I think he was thinking of the PoD

Snap-on has a steel ecm pin removal tool .very stout worked great

Repinning the OEM harness is a huge pain. Becomes a tangled mess in a hurry. May be easier with a painless. What you need is the pinout for a 06 or 07 ecm and the pinouts of the c1 & c2 plugs for the painless harness.
Make the painless harness match the 06 ecm pinout. The red plastic pin removal tools are junk, buy several of them. You could sell the painless harness and build a stand alone OEM harness easier and pocket some money. I wouldn't try to repin a $1k harness.

I'm not really worried about the rep in of the painless harness. It will be better than new when I'm done with it, I just really need electrical schematics for 03 and 06 so I can get er done

If your not worried about gauges run it as a standalone we have done a dozen or somof those, and a handful of gauges working swaps.

Back