ECM???

woodsrat

NEW ERA DIESEL
06 Dodge. drove the truck home, went out to start it 15min later, nothing. Turn key off and the radio and dash lights stay on. Hooked a smarty up and has a power down code. Get it to the shop and hooked up scanner it says can not communicate. Pull fuse for ecm and it has power on both sides. So its back feeding but from where or is the ECM fried??

Check all + & - connections. I changed out ecm & tipm with a P2509 code and didn't make any difference. Removed the battery form bed back to fenderwell and problem solved. I had a power interrupt switch mounted in bumper. I suspect that might have been the problem, but was so relieved to get the truck running that right I never pursued the problem.

Chuck...
Had the same issue with my stock 03 we drive in bad weather recently as it doesn't see alot of time being driven until the fall.We went to go away a week ago or so put the key in and whalla idiot lights dancing on the dash like it was shorted and no clicking at all from the starter.Checked the codes with my Smarty also and had the same code so we were lost.Figured I was on borrowed time with the factory batteries in it yet so we pulled them and swapped them out,cleared the codes and it fired off and has been fine ever since.Hope thats all it is for you.........Andy