edge a good product for the 04

srt cummins

my brothers dad wants to get a edge and i was wondering if they are good. he just uses it for driving to work no pulling or anything the truck is an 04 and only has 15,000 miles he wants the best programmer for mpg's

I liked mine but can't say that I ever noticed a MPG gain; maybe a little. It's a good product , is he looking at the juice or j w/ attitude , or ?

my brother had that with 5 in exhaust and a cold air intake on his 04 and if he put it on max level and took it easy he was getting an avg of 26 mpg. i am not sure how it worked towing since we hardly ever pull any trailers. another product that seems pretty good that my brother switched to is EFI Live might want to look into that too

I know others will disagree, but edge and duramax should not be in the same sentence. I've done a few Edge boxes on GM's and all had issues...

stay away from the edge.....efi live, ppe, quadzilla.... i would say ppe econ if hes wanting mpg wont pick up alot but maybe a couple on a all stock max

I installed several of these boxes and have had some issues with them on certain trucks. I will also say I have had trouble at one point in time with every programmer made for them. Not all have been major issues and 99% of them have been solved with simple updates. I don't have much bad to say about edge as I have one on my truck but personally I would rather have ppe or efi live.

04 Duramax, LB7 or LLY? LB7's seem to benefit more from the Edge Juice with Attitude then the later models, I had an Edge in my truck when I first bought it, I liked it went 13.94 with just the programmer and exhaust, seems like LLY's and LBZ's don't take to well to an Edge?

I never had a problem with the one I used to have, the only thing I didn't like was it didn't make the power till the coolant warmed up enough.

Back