Edge Juice/Attitude and Water/Meth questions

KBennett

Toy Hauler
I am about ready to add an Edge Juice/Attitude to my truck and with the stock turbo I am concerned about EGT's. I know Matt Snow of Snow Performance has an Edge EZ on his truck and looking at the graphs on his website it looks like the Water/Meth is a good mod.

I use my truck mainly for towing and I'm thinking of doing the Stage 1 or 2 kit. If I use it for water only will it increase my cylinder pressures?
What do you guys think?

Im running all my mods with water injection and im fine, I think it's when you start adding meth is when the pressure goes up

KBennett,

Using good common sense you'll be fine, water alone won't raise the cylinder pressures, only when combined with Methanol will they go up. If you have any questions please call us, we stock the Edge and Snow products and will be glad to help you.

Mark @ DPPI

Mark Craig said:
KBennett,

Using good common sense you'll be fine, water alone won't raise the cylinder pressures, only when combined with Methanol will they go up. If you have any questions please call us, we stock the Edge and Snow products and will be glad to help you.

Mark @ DPPI

I have a question about the edge. I just had the edge juice with att. installed on my 06 dodge. along with silver line exhaust and a afe stage 2 air intake. I read the manual and it states that on a some what stock truck its best to leave it on the 3rd setting for normal driving. what were to happen if I move it up to level 4 or possibly 5? how hard would I be able to drive it for damage to occur. thanks

Well, if you get REALLY unlucky the turbo could go bye-bye :( But mainly what they are saying is that levels 4 and 5 are for the really extreme times you run it (read: RACING!!). Those levels are for that, not put-putting around town, you want to take it easy on the truck for most things, unless you just like spending money :poke:

If your looking for max cooling with the water/meth injection kits you should use a 12-15 % mix, it will cool better then straight water alone but not as bad on advancing the timing like a 50/50% mix would be.

BBD