EFI autocal "ERROR: $0502"

joelc79

My autocal gives me a ERROR: $0502 when i choose to select a new tune ie: race, mileage.
If i push "OK" about two times it starts to load the tune.
That happens to all three of my pre-loads.
One of my pre-loaded tunes (tow) seems to fault back to it maybe three or four times before it starts to load the tune, and then i have a cel (P0487 and P2141)
I do not have a cel with the other two tunes (race, mileage).

Not sure if this makes a difference or not but this was a H&S tune truck previously.
My day time running lights still work and my tire psi monitor light is still off (H&S options) so i know something has left an imprint.

Thoughts?

That is a scrip error code. Like posted above, download latest software version found here Download Software and update your firmware. Then config the autocal for your files.

Will i have to just load a stock tune or does it not matter since it will be over ridden?
Maybe my tunes should be rewritten to the latest dealer flash?

With all of the 6.7 ECM's passing away here lately and you having had a programmer on the truck I would not hesitate to get a fresh dealer flash to make sure your working with a clean slate and no unforseen issues.

I was having some ghosts in my tuning and before the EFILive crew fixed the checksum code problem. I went and tossed the coin for a dealer flash and like I said, all of my problems went away.

Joel

Whether you get a dealer flash or not, give me a call. Your email to me ended up in my junk-mail folder for wahtever reason so I didn't see it until i was sorting through them today. When I last remoted into your computer I already updated the AutoCal firmware and script files - so I think we are all set to go there. I believe I had also sent you a new 'tow' tune to install into the AutoCal, but I will go back through my files and make sure of that to try and eliminate the code.

I too like the idea of the fresh dealer flash though. After the problems experienced the past couple weeks on other trucks with remnants of the old box programs, it's WAY cheaper and safer to have a good clean file.

Either way, give me a call.

Thanks!
-->Zach

Or just go onto tunedepot and take a stock file over there and write over your old file.

With the AutoCals it's not exactly that straight forward..... They don't work like a V2 where you can just flash whatever you want with them. But, I think we have gotten this handled anways!

Thanks for everyones help!

Back