EFI Live question

You could download an 06-07 5.9L stock file to play with and familiarize yourself with EFI Live a little.

I've been messing around with the Duramax portion, I need to go try to update my Version 8 so I can mess around with some cummins tunes.

Can't you change VIN with 7.5 the same way as the 5.9 or am I off?

If you can I haven't found it yet. This is my first go around with EFI LIVE.. So I haven't really found everything that there is yet. I got a tune on and am data logging for some fine tunning..

I had Dan Clarke of Dans Diesel Performance tune mine, I'm liking it alot. but mine is a 5.9

Can't you change VIN with 7.5 the same way as the 5.9 or am I off?

You can change the Vin on the 6.7, however the many reasons this feature is needed for the 5.9L do not exist on the 6.7L

To change the Vin you need to use the V7 Scan Tool.

Cheers
Cindy

Ok, I got my scan tool, now what?

Make sure you are running RC8 from here Release Candidate 8, Jan 06, 2012. You will need to update your FIRMWARE (Jan 06), and possibly your BOOTBLOCK (Dec 12) too.

Read the quick start guide to give yourself an overview, then go and read your stock file.

**Note: One of the reasons we are still in Release Candidate software and not public release is that we are yet to update our documentation. The quick start guide will give you and 'overall' picture of what needs to be done, but it doesn't account for the file formatting changes. This release moves from .ctd files to .ctz file formats. Not a big deal, but something to keep in mind when you are reading.

Cheers
Cindy

I have the tune I want to load, try to load it, and it comes up with an error, saying "Controller needs to be licensed" where do I license it at?

I'm having trouble updating it for the Mar 29 2012 public release.

Any tuners out there pm me for my number.

If I have loaded and saved the stock manual trans file from tunefiledepo, can that be saved as the stock tune? If I go back to my dealer for a full stock flash, won't it go back to the auto it once was?

Back