Efi Live

04dirtymax

can someone explain exactly what efi is and how i can get it, i just sold my ppe and the truck is slow....

the best i understood it was a complete tunning program it comes with i believe 5 starter tunes and you can have a 6 position switch installed to change it on the fly and you can store witch ever tune you want on each one i talkes to some dealer online and the would write custom tunes for around 500 but it can be done by your self but from what i hear it is real easy to blow up a motor. but you can tune your truck to your specific needs

EFI Live is a custom tuning tool allowing the owner to custom tune his/her truck to their liking. You have complete access to the ecm and tcm. Most vendors will supply you with a tune or two for free, a dsp (duramax switchable program) 2 and dsp 5 switch is available for the LLYs to allow switching between tunes on the fly.

Here is a list of a few vendors, they can give you more details:

Adrenaline Truck Performance
McRat Racing
SoCal Diesel
Fleece Performance
Danville Performance
Diesel Addiction

Jeff garmon can program it on your truck..i think it's $400 to do it

All he does is take his lab top and put the down load in your truck..if i remember correctly

software is $800 from most all vendors with 1 starter tune

Efi live is awsome. Box tuners are coll but a bit touchy. The PPE programmers build huge power fo a boxed tuner. But be carefull of these with other mods it doesnt like it to much. The cool part of efi live is you can tune it to the mods you have done, turn off that Egr crap, lower egts, and out do the comp. Just remember that you pay for what you get so with said $ 500.00 is the norm if you have the software. If not an extra $100.00 is needed for a licence and they have complete control of your tunes not you.

It is software that allows reading, modifying , and reflashing . Yes now you can full flash a custom OS on LBZ and LMM trucks to make switchable tunes on the fly . (5 not 6 ) .