EFI tuning - Where are all the good resources?

It's not "calibrated data" if you're just guessing. A mm3 value in the ECM is a calculated value derived from sensor inputs from the driver compared to sensor outputs from the drivetrain and motor. The calculated value used by the ECM is only a reference point to get the engine to respond to driver inputs, but it is calibrated for control based on factory specifications. There is no reason this value needs to be derived from "calibrated data" as long as the values the ECM's calculated mm3 value is refrencing are "calibrated" to reflect the increased actual fuel flow numbers or desired fuel flow numbers. A factory calilibrated computer might never desire flow above 100mm3, but I can make it flow 150mm3 by increasing the parameters the commanded 100mm3 value references to get 100mm3 of factory calibrated fuel. The ECM does not need to know an actual flow value, because I have control of all the values the commanded flow value has control over.

No kidding, And guess what, its real nice using injector flow data to do this! Do you need flow data no. Can you just poke in numbers on a educated guess of course.

Wonder why Bosch, Nira or any other ask for a injector to flow to simplify building the energization table?

Overlay the flow of a stock nozzle on your modified and all the sudden it becomes easy to see how even a hacked ecu is going to respond without even starting the engine.

Id have to say efi cummins will be sweet and once again us cummins ppl will say so long d max and we will kick there ass all over again if you know how to tune that is....
Please find the box your computer came in, package it up and return it to sender before you spew out any more inane nonsense.

i wouldent hesitate to let Johnboy tune any thing With EFI live. He can certainly work the majic. :Cheer:

Id have to say efi cummins will be sweet and once again us cummins ppl will say so long d max and we will kick there ass all over again if you know how to tune that is....

You sir could quite possibly be the smartest feller I have ever read anything about anything from before. Us Duramax ppl call you a retard, don't bite the hand that feeds phuck face, you don't want help on EFI topics stay away and keep running your box tuning...

Last edited:
Marco laughed and said "no wurries fur me" when I asked him this last week lol. :lolly:

Really? no other details as to why he's not worried?

I suppose EFI live didn't kill any of the boxed dmax programmers, possibly won't for the cummins either.

Really? no other details as to why he's not worried?

I suppose EFI live didn't kill any of the boxed dmax programmers, possibly won't for the cummins either.

EFI is NOT for everyone... There will be people in the CR world who are just like the soem D-Max guys, boxed tuning is easy and requires no thinking on the users part. EFI will scare many with what is involved in building a good tune, but those who are willing to take the time and learn the tables and values the benefit will be well worth it.

Boxes/programmers will always have their time and place and Mads will be around strong for years to come. SSR is gonna be pretty sweet even if it ain't as in depth as EFI Live. I still sell a lot of tuners/boxes over EFI Live since a lot of people just want to throw a tune in and forget about it.

i run a tst and its ok but there are some down sides , efi will be nice when it comes out for my 04 lol , untill then im wishing i had the cash for the bosch m15 ecm lol

Gee nice way to fire some ppl up but at the very least i would like to say it will be nice to have efi for cummins even if your d max will still kick my ass... dont take **** so serious