EGR Delete CEL

2broke4smoke

Hello,
I just buttoned everything up from my Liberator EGR delete. I was very satisified with the kit and the quality of the parts unlike some other kits I have seen out there. That said I have a CEL now because of insufficent EGR flow. What is the CHEAPEST way other than a piece of electric tape on the dash to get rid of the CEL. I am not really interested in a performance upgrade. I work with this truck everyday and I tow alot!!! It is an 07 with 125000 miles. I am more concerned about reliabilty which is not a strong suit of these 6.0's in stock trim. I am aware an SCT will turn the CEL off but I am not interested in paying 450 bucks for a tuner when I dont think I want tunes. That said...any ideas???

I bought the EGR valve pigtail extension cut the old plug end off, spliced in the extension, plugged the valve back in, and ziptied the valve to the fan shroud. No CEL. I think this only works on 03-05. I have since had Innovative redo my tune and took out the valve.

The only way i believe to get rid of a CEL do to an egr delete kit is to get a tuner such as an SCT. I've got an early '04 build truck and blocked off my egr and it never threw a CEL when stock tuned. The trucks that i've seen that'll throw a CEL for insufficient egr flow from installing an egr delete are the '05-'07 trucks.

Yeah an SCT will do it. If you tow alot why not get an SCT with trans only tunes, help your tranny live longer and you dont have to upgrade power if you choose not to. You can also just try one of erics towing tunes, I have one for my truck and I love it. Its about 70hp tune with excellent transmission shifting and lockups.