EGR & Fingers Stick Yes or No on Cat Delete

bonedesign

Hello - I was investigating of doing a Cat-Delete, So many different opinions of yes you should or no you shouldn't - Anyone w/ facts of doing the CAt-Delete - Do I need to install the EGR Blocker plate and/or fingers stick?

Found a link if I do - or if anyone needs a link: http://www.kennedydiesel.com/categor...bCategory2=115 -

Let me know - Thanks!!!

Bonedesign,
I deleted mine about a month after I bought it new in 04. I have in my posession a blocker and finger stick, never got around to doing it. I have had a recurring pair of egr codes (Forget the number, but I could go pull them out of my truck right now) however, it has never tripped a CEL, so I have just said screw it. I am putting the blocker in this weekend, (it's long over due) but will be going to custom tuning soon and all egr and functions corrected by the finger stick will be taken care of with the tune.
If you want a good deal on a brand new fingerstick, I will accomodate you. Some trucks do trip a CEL without the cat and fingerstick. It's cheap insurance and may provide peace of mind. Also, if you live in an area with emissions checks, having those stored codes may make you fail a test. Just some food for thought.

It's an EGR code eliminator for lack of a better explanation. When the cats are removed on an LLY (and I think LBZ and later but I don't know that 100% for sure) and/or the EGR being blocked, you're truck will store codes (some trip CEL_ and this little electronic device basically fools the ECM to thinking that everything is hunky dory.

PPE also has what you need, and if you are going with the Xcelerator it takes care of EGR & CAT, so no need to get your finger stuck.

my buddys running ppe xcelorator.... he just ordered a egr block off plate and fingerstick.

since hes ruuning the ppe, does he need the finger stick still????

my buddys running ppe xcelorator.... he just ordered a egr block off plate and fingerstick.

since hes ruuning the ppe, does he need the finger stick still????

The fingerstick should only be necessary if you change out the exhaust and delete the cat on SOME trucks (mine didn't need one)...however, the PPE should have a feature that allows you to clear the CEL and eliminate the use of a fingerstick...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

The fingerstick should only be necessary if you change out the exhaust and delete the cat on SOME trucks (mine didn't need one)...however, the PPE should have a feature that allows you to clear the CEL and eliminate the use of a fingerstick...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

^^^ x2

ok.... thx guys.

he deleted the cat and muffler bout a year ago(just str8 5in) and it never threw codes.

but his truck does get thrown into limp mode with the edge hot lock (had it before the ppe... its stacked with ppe, but only uses it for guages now)

I was wandering what does the EGR and the Fingerstickers actually do? Sorry for the dumb question but Hey I gotta ask.

i bought the blocker plate a while ago but never put it in, i put a 4 inch turbo back exhaust on with no cat. it threw a code a fist but i have a predator tuner that stoped the cel from coming on, will i need the finger stick even with the predator?

- thanks, colin

Put the blocker in, trust me.
What version of the Predator do you have? 2.0 or 2.02? When you first plug it in, it should tell you on the screen. If you have 2.02, you should have a feature that allows you to disable the EGR, and with the blocker plate installed, you should be ok and throw no CEL.
If you have 2.0, then you most likely will need a fingerstick, as usually 05's seem apt to throw a code when blocked and kittyless, and will trigger the CEL. This isn't writtien in stone, but a good guideline.
Good luck.

it says i have version 9.0r1, any thoughts on if i need the finger stick with that

it says i have version 9.0r1, any thoughts on if i need the finger stick with that

What? You would only "need" a fingerstick if your throwing codes, so only you can answer that, so are you? If not, don't worry about it. Does you Predator have the option to disable EGR? If so, it's a newer version, if not, it's an older version. The "fingerstick" is basically an electrical device that fools the ecm that the EGR is working properly when it's blocked and the cat is removed. If you're not getting the light, then I wouldn't sweat it.
Hope this helps.

My blocker plate is laying in the door panel. I straight piped the truck two days after I got it and no codes doing that. I'm expecting mine to throw the cel when I install the blocker.