EGT Gauge Readings

lcaad1249

Ever since my twins have been installed the day after Christmas I've been running 2 EGT gauges. One is an SPA dual gauge that reads the front 3 cylinders. The other is for the TST and it reads the back 3 cylinders. Everythings been running fine until yesterday. Sometimes the front is hotter, sometimes the back.

Well yesterday I parked and was letting the truck cool down. TST acted perfectly normal. The SPA on the other hand cooled down to 490 and then started to climb. It ended up around 670 before I thought I better turn it off while I can. I cycled the gauges first. It read the same. I tried turning off the truck and then back on. It read the same. So I left it off and waited about 5 minutes. Turned the track back on and EGT's cooled down to normal.

Today I dumped a bunch of Power Service in to clean injectors possibly and drove to see if it was a fluke. Well it happened one more time today. This time however I had a had a friends infrared gun with me. Both halves of the manifold read about the same. So I think I've isolated the gauge. Now what do I do? Talk to SPA?

Thats what I would do... I know Autometer jsut sent me a new guage when my FP guage went on the fritz. I would think SPA would do something similar.

Back