Egt issue with my setup

Subscribing.

My cruising EGT's are the same if not a little worse with similar mods. [5x.014, 16.5 static timing, HX35-14/HT3B-26] I always thought it was a little on the high side, but I've never been able to actually track down the issue. I figured it was a combination of things, big tires, 3.54 gears, and high desert altitude.

Pulling fuel makes little or no difference for me as well. Perhaps like Big Blue24 said we have leaks somewhere on the exhaust side...

-Dustin-

I think you're having a common "not enough boost" problem....I found this on the blaylock turbo thread somewhere on CompD.....

Well this weekend I hauled some hay with the new setup. I was hauling 7 bales an total weight of roughly 15,000lbs. I pulled the same 1/2 mile long hill 7 times an was very impressed each an every time!!! I'm gonna put some before an after Switchblade stats up here. Keep in mind, this is all pulling the same hill.

Before Switchblade:
Egt max-1,790
Boost-28lbs
engine temp-240 an rising
speed at top-45

After installing Switchblade:
Egt max-1,440
Boost-43lbs
Engine temp-215
Speed at top-60
It had no problem spooling either, even on level 1 of the quad!
In my opinion, that was enough of an improvement to say it was worth it!!

I think you're basically putting out enough fuel to make heat, but not drive pressure....I can hit 1,200 deg empty up a hill at 1/4 throttle with my 71mm on my 95, and the AFC cranked. It only makes about 10psi.

It might not mind a little more timing either. But if you sold the truck who cares, onto the next one haha.

finally got somewere with this thing. been messing with wastegate and afc and finally got it to tow right. wastegate on secondary was opening way too soon!

Your 472 is wastegated also?What do you have the HE351CW's wastegated start opening at?