EGT question?

sleeperman

A guy here in town has a 6.4 with a 4in down pipe dpr back 5in spartin 310 afe intake and egr deletes and he says his egts get hotter than 2000(like peg his 2000 gauge). I just wanted to know if this common for the 6.4? Another thing his truck is missing on cylender 1,2. Could this be a hole in the piston?

well i think you should check the miss out before you keep drivng that piece.

A guy here in town has a 6.4 with a 4in down pipe dpr back 5in spartin 310 afe intake and egr deletes and he says his egts get hotter than 2000(like peg his 2000 gauge). I just wanted to know if this common for the 6.4? Another thing his truck is missing on cylender 1,2. Could this be a hole in the piston?

If it was a hole in the piston, it'd be making oil.

EGT's over 2000? Is he monitoring the DashDaq or does he have hard mount gauges? Computer doesn't output more than 1760 for the DashDaq

Missing on 1 & 2, need to check the oil. See if there's fuel in it. EGT's are the least of his worries it sounds like.

he has a reguler egt gauge and boost on his a piller. how hot should a spartin 310 tune get?

If he was towing a heavy load or had the throttle mashed for more than 13 seconds or so continuous, he could see 1700's, but not much more than that. He doesn't sled pull, does he?

I've seen 15XX once with my 310 loaded. But with my manual, once EGT's get that high, I'm either about to shift or I'm doing over 120 and need to slow down, so I have to listen to the Auto guys to see what they're seeing. For me to get mine over 1500 or so, I'd have to haul a huge load up a long hill and stay in gear, or sled pull. Most Auto guys haven't seen over 1700 but on rare occasion, and quickly let out.

Sounds like this guy in town needs to make up a profile and further his knowledge before his issue becomes a expensive problem. Or just drive it like he stole it til it breaks then have a mechanic fix it for lots of $$$$$$

If two cylenders are not hittin excess fuell could be going thrue the exhaust causing higher egts. But I doubt it. Why are two cylenders not hitting? Figure that out before anything.