egts high when getting on it.

stretch2010

just wanting to know if it will do any damage to my truck if it is hitting low1200-1300egts for a short time. the truck is stock for most part. thanks for your help, and what could i do to make it run cooler when getting on it. temp out side is about 81F when im racing it.

Oh crap dude! Your engine may have already lost a piston or two! Over 1000 is to much.

1200 all day long no problems! So 12 to 16 for a short run is not gonna do anything!

thanks guys. new i didnt blow it up bc she runs like a champ and she dont smoke. dangerous06 thanks. was not sure what i could run with out damaging the truck. ppl like to race after work. lol thanks guys..

Haha I have hit 2k with mine at the drag strip. But 12v's dont like to drop valves like cr's

Last edited:
Oh crap dude! Your engine may have already lost a piston or two! Over 1000 is to much.

My truck does just the opposite....If I let off my egts get real low...Im afraid they are gonna drop so low the fire goes out! So I just put it in N at a stop light and hold it the floor

EGT gauges are for towing.

I believe stock 04.5-07 trucks will run as hot as 1350* when you run them hard up a mountain pass towing heavy. Surely the factory wouldn't tune the motor hot enough to burn it up.......

My truck does just the opposite....If I let off my egts get real low...Im afraid they are gonna drop so low the fire goes out! So I just put it in N at a stop light and hold it the floor

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL This just made my day!!

I believe stock 04.5-07 trucks will run as hot as 1350* when you run them hard up a mountain pass towing heavy. Surely the factory wouldn't tune the motor hot enough to burn it up.......

I've seen 1450 a good bit with no programmer. I don't let out stock or tuned, knock on wood no problems yet.

I saw 2500, the turbo was glowing so bad I lit a cig off of it as I stopped in the waffle house parking lot to score a lot lizard, she lit her cig 10 minutes after I shut down

I saw 2500, the turbo was glowing so bad I lit a cig off of it as I stopped in the waffle house parking lot to score a lot lizard, she lit her cig 10 minutes after I shut down

:lolly::lolly::lolly::lolly::lolly: