EGTS?

WYODSL

How hot is too hot on these things. I know my cummins can run 1600 for a sec or 2 but what about these powerstrokes. I have a 1997

I have pegged a 1600 pyro for a couple seconds and it hasn't hert it yet. I'd say use the same rule of thumb on the stroker for pyro temps as you would your dodge. I have a 96 stroker and and 01 cummins.

i used to hold 1800* pulling a trailer up some of the 3 or so mile long hills around here. NEVER had a problem. i always went into the shop asking why i couldnt get the engine to die.:doh: this was on a 97.

international say you can run 1250* all day long, but much over that i would be careful.

I have seen up to 1800-2000° on some other guys powerstroke and it hasent died. He was tractor pulling and didnt want to give up. They say not until 2100° and above is when the internals start to melt. but if you hold the truck a long time at temps around 1500+ you will have the same effect. like it was said 1250-1300° is fine.
Mark

Damn I hate seeing mine hit 1200* in 3rd. gear I think they rise lieneir . I have towed in a pretty hot tune but never got over 1100* maintaining 70mph.Intercooler helped alot.