Electric fan install

The Legend

Diesel power for the mind
I have recently installed a flex a lite fan kit in my 05 ram and need to know if anyone has had there ECM or PCM Reprogramed to remove old fan parameters ? I would like any suggestions on how to get rid of engine light ??

i have a cel for that issue...doesnt bother me i have a light on all the time due to ohter mods...call flexalite, they might have a suggestion?

Have you noticed any difference in the truck yet?? Power? Noise? Temp. Etc.?

i love my fans...they work soo well for me, plus it really cleans up the engine compartment. took a minute to dial them into the temp i wanted to see...after that its been golden.

I have thought about doing this to my trcuk also to clean up the engine compartment but could not stand have the check engine light on all the time.
Has no one figures out how to keep it from setting fan codes. Can you put resitors between certain wires to fool the computer into thinking the fan is there.

I don't have a check engine light on with my fans. I just have 1 code when I plug Smarty in about fan, but I don't see no check engine light on my cluster.

As for power difference, yeah. If feels like the power comes on in a smoother curve. EGT's are down for some reason, maybe because I am pulling so much air through the intercooler. Since my Flex-a-Lite fans come on @ full blast right off the back when key is turned over. Temperature is the same, but when I get on it. It gets to 205 and then drops right back down in the next 20 seconds.

I agree the fans have worked great A/C works just as well seems to have crisper throttle at low end throught mid range throttle and with a manual switch have never seen more than 218 coolant temp yet when fans ramp up to 100 % temp drops right back to 205 and EGT seem to be down a bit also
Just wish engine light was not on

Have you checked to see what code(s) it is? I've got the flex-a-lite kit on my '05 but I don't get a check engineclght. I only see the fan code when I plug in the Smarty to read codes.

we can delete the codes to not appear but first we need to find the code location. If you can wait til September some time it can happen then.

We need to run a check data test

Whats one of these kits cost?

How's the install??

Around $500. Install is extremely easy! Only took 30 minutes to take out the old fan and mount the new one! Then it was just a matter of doing the wiring, which wasn't bad at all, but I took my time trying to go for a really clean install.

Jared

Around $500. Install is extremely easy! Only took 30 minutes to take out the old fan and mount the new one! Then it was just a matter of doing the wiring, which wasn't bad at all, but I took my time trying to go for a really clean install.

Jared

Sweet!! Thanks!!

Have you checked to see what code(s) it is? I've got the flex-a-lite kit on my '05 but I don't get a check engineclght. I only see the fan code when I plug in the Smarty to read codes.

Same here I have a set on my 06 the fan codes there when I check with Smarty but no engine light.

Does anybody know if the codes do anything to control the engine fueling? I may have to get a set if Bob is going to be working on deleting the codes later this year.

I just got done putting Flex-a-lite fans on my truck. I can't say anything bad about them. I don't have a cel but I do have 2 codes whenever I check it with my smarty. For you guys that have wired up a switch did you buy the one from flex-a-lite or did you get some kind of other switch? Going from the diagram it takes a 3 pole switch but I was told you can just get a 2 pole switch and just run it to ground and it will achieve the same thing.

Have any of you with the electric fans towed heavy with them yet? I'm interested if they keep the temps in check under towing conditions.

they say not to tow over like 10k or something i havent really towed anything over maybe 5k

just go to auto zone to clear codes, then they should not come back on,,,, it is a soft code, it will show up on a scanner but should not set a light... and as far as towing a lot on my bosses truck he commonly tows about 15k and has never even got warm... its a lot nicer and the ac stays cold sitting at idle

Back