Electric fans??

JAS3+390

Hey guys I've gotten in a bit of a bind on my project. Im doin a 12v p pump with nv4500 in a 90' model Chevy crew cab and I put the engine as far back as possible but yet my fan and radiator are touching from top to bottom. I know a lot of people have done this swap and haven't had this problem so what might I have done wrong? Any suggestions on electric fans? What's good what's not? Fair priced?

i like my electric fans, they work pretty good. if i could do it over again i would have just priced out seperate fans and the thermostat kit and run with them. i have the flex-a-lite kit and it was kind of spendy.

I got a electric fan out of a full size ford car. for 50.00.the one I had before did OK but wanted a little bigger.
Photo0423.jpg

Dale

I agree with the spendy part on the flex-a-lite kits but they've got good reviews. At 2wpuller would duals be a.good investment as far as the kit and hardware goes or was it pretty simple and cool running the big single?

My brother had dualfans I had the single.I was going to get a set like his flexlites but one of the fan motors hit on my water pump.my pump sets off to the driverside on my Perkins and sticks out towards the radiator.you will just have to do some mesuring.I got my controler from the perts store for 50.00.you can see it on the side of the rad, it is white.
Dale

Last edited:
had duals on my 94 and only turned them on every so often to see if they still worked. truck never got over 190* so i never needed to use them. dont know if i had a freak set up or what but on dyno's and running around the city it never got hot. i also used the aluminum radiator that came factory with my 6.5L

Ford tarus or thunderbird fans are 16-17" capable of 5000cfm. Avg around 80-100 bucks with relay.

They are the best option for the price IMO.

I got a set of flexalite when I did my fummins. If I remember right they are model 410??? They were a little spendy but I can't complain. You can run them as a pusher or a puller. They are only about 4" thick at the motor and the blades and shroud are about 1.5". I talked to someone from flexalite and gave him the measurements I was dealing with and they hooked me up.

Taurus fans are the way to go find a local junk yard they should have a few.

I got a set of flexalite when I did my fummins. If I remember right they are model 410??? They were a little spendy but I can't complain. You can run them as a pusher or a puller. They are only about 4" thick at the motor and the blades and shroud are about 1.5". I talked to someone from flexalite and gave him the measurements I was dealing with and they hooked me up.

from my experience with electric fans pullers work way better than pushers.

from my experience with electric fans pullers work way better than pushers.

Yeah thats kind of what I figure. I would have liked a puller but I just didn't have the room. Well I did but If I would have stuffed the fans between the motor and radiator then It would have been impossible to do much work on the front of the motor. It still stays plenty cool. Last year driving the sh!t out of it when the heat was indexing about 110* I was only showing 190 water temp. I was satisfied

I have a single 16" on my fummins, but I also have two small holes in my thermostat. During the winter it never really warms up all the way and during the summer it stays cool. The fan only kicks on if im sitting still for a while.

Taurus fans are the way to go! I've been runnin these for a few years w/o problems and i also tow often,
electricfans008.jpg

electricfans014.jpg

heck on my cummins i have one puller i got from advaced autoparts only time is summer sitting in traffic.

Spooled I like your setup. I built one very similar to it after seeing yours but now I'm trying to figure out the wiring / controls. I would like to have the low speed on a thermostat and high speed on a manual switch. Any suggestions on an inexpensive and reliable controller?