Electric fans??

Awesome info guys thanks a lot. I didn't see in the posts about how thick the Ford fan is. I have about 4" max to work with but the way yall talk I should have no problems. It's just odd that a lot of these conversions people can fit factory fans with no prob. My buddys dad did it in a 81 square body with a 1st gen motor and radiator and had about 2" between fan and radiator. Don't quite make sense but anyhow to the junk yard I go!

91-95 3.8L Taurus. Don't know about the Thunderbird. I like to use car-part.com to source these it searches salvage yards nationwide. I got my two fans for $50.

Now I'm kinda stumped. Got the core support put back in and tucked in the ic and mounted rad. I've got max 2 1/2 inches of room to work with. Pretty sure I can move the rad forward about an inch but I think the electro fans will hit. From what I've been reading most fan setups are about 4 inches. Where to go from here?

The thickest part of the fan is maybe 4 inches, but it's only where the motor is. Get a fan and find a spot to fit it working around your pulleys.

I think also since I won't be using the manual fan I'm gonna cut the nub off the end where the clutch is suppose to thread on that'll give an good inch or so just to be safe.

Awesome info! Cheap way to free up a little hp and maybe get some better mpg at the same time, plus I hate hearing the roar of the fan when the clutch engages.

Anyone have any decent wiring diagrams?
I want to pull the factory fan on my 08 6.4 and add dual electrics and maybe even add an additional electric to the oil and trans.