electric fans

they are ok for what im doing with my truck (daily driver), but the dual fans were awefully expensive for what you get! and i had to switch to the electric fans because a squirrel had chewed up my factory harness! damm varmint!

switching to electric can also make working on the front of the motor easier. i dont have a 3rd gen but i definitely like what it did for my 12v.

Garrett

switching to electric can also make working on the front of the motor easier. i dont have a 3rd gen but i definitely like what it did for my 12v.

Garrett

Now that is a valid point right there!!! The stock fans on these trucks really gets in the way and is a pain to remove to work on the front of the engine...

I just installed two electric fans on a 03 cummins. They was off of a 90 model ford tarus. They fit great and i installed the factory shroud back over them to draw more air in it seems to be working great. He's also tow's with the truck and hasnt had any problems. To put these fan's on his truck it ended up costing about $160 bucks.

are you guys just running toggle switches to control them or using a signal from other sources to turn them on?

You can get the controller from Flex A Lite the will control 2 fans.
It takes a lead off the AC clutch to turn them on 100% when you run the air...otherwise they come on at 60% at a preset temp then ramp up to 100% from there.
It's a nice controller. Easy to wire up and does everything you'd need a fan controller to do.
You can get them with either a radiator probe for temp readings of a screw in sender like a gauge would use.

small derail: I have a brand new Flex a Lite dual fan controller if anyone is interested. PM me please

i have the flex a lite fans and love them. i towed i little over 12,000 lbs up and down some steep hills yesterday and never got over 210. it was around 82 degrees outside.

Im runnin the taurus fans and have no problems with them cooling ,im runnin them off the grid heater silenoids since i deleted it. The low side of the fans come on with the a/c and the high side with a 200 deg. switch in the head.

head005.jpg

fansintake007.jpg

Im workin on a alum. schroud as we speak just have to pick up my break.
Dont let these 10 year old designed fans fool you,they pull alot of air, supposed to be around 4500 cfm full tilt each.

Its not a wooden radiator its a wooden schroud,that was the cheapest way to mock it up to see if it would work!