Emergancy Truck Down

wideopen

Slum Lord
2005 CR.

OK A friend of mine was sitting Idleing,when the truck started idleing rough then died.. Took forever to get it to re-start and now it won't run idle ?? He has to keep it to the floor to make the thing Move.. He is getting several P-codes and is getting me a list of them . It has been almost 25K since he changed the Fuel Filter:badidea: I sent him to get a new one .

Any Ideas what else it could be??

Keep us posted on the P-Codes. I'm interested to know what they are. That really sucks to have an 05 that won't run! I would imagine it would be in the fuel delivery, but I hate to sound like a broken record...seems to always be the problem.

I would imagine the fuel filter wouldn't cause it to do what your explaining. Usually, to my knowledge, when it gets clogged, you can idle and drive slow but if you floor it, it would die from starvation....to my experience anyway and not on a cummins.

Not that Cold..

He had a lot of Sensor Codes and a Water in Fuel Code.. If he had water in the Fuel , that would most likley cause the rough Idle and cause the other Codes correct?

He gave me the list when I was looking the up..but he must have taken it with him? I can't find it now?

Similar thing happened when the lift pump crapped out on my 03. I suspect that it's dead.

Sounds like he got the 'bunk' from a recent fuel stop. Several trucks down here have been plugged up from fuel stops that are switching over. ....I've been there and it isn't fun. ......I now carry a spare fuel filter 100% of the time. Heck, I even have at least one extra at the house.

Well we just pulled the Fuel Filter...Dang man it was as black as the Ace of Spades.. Replaced it drained the Water ..now she is purring like a kitten..OK more like a grizzly bear.

That's good. I was off, sorry. Just seemed funny that it would run "wideopen" (no pun intended) but not idle. I guess the IP could suck it through at higher RPM. Glad to hear you got it.

All is good thamks for all the help.. With all the Codes it was throwing I was hopig it was something simple especiallyu since most of the codes were sensors around the fuel system. Thanks again guys.