enabling high idle

rattlbox

does anyone know were to get info on what all is involed to enable high idle on manual tranny trucks.thanks in advance for the help

The smarty flips the software switch for ya. That part is done.

Since you have a manual you need to ground an ECU pin in order for it to work. That pin is ECM #22 pin. Do some quick googling for your self on which pin 22 on the ECM it is... I think Geno's garage might. Cummins N-power I think is where I got my ECM pin wire. But you need a pin to tap in the harness plug, then just ground it to the motor..

The 03's don't work that I've seen the smarty on. But if you had an 04.5+ it should just work if in park..

my 03 high idles when its colder than 25 outside but i cant manually high idle the truck

does anyone know were to get info on what all is involed to enable high idle on manual tranny trucks.thanks in advance for the help

with the truck in park hit the cruise control on and the accel to up it as needed.1500 rpm max with my truck.

My 05 6spd does it. I just bought the truck a few weeks ago. No programmer on the truck.

high idle

with the truck in park hit the cruise control on and the accel to up it as needed.1500 rpm max with my truck.

That the way mine high idle works too. It has an automatic function but the cruise button will raise it higher.

Chrysler screwed the 03 guys, no high idle circuit :bang

That`s right. We got screwed! The only way around it for us 03`s is to buy a new ECM which are generics that get programed by the dealer then you can get the manual high idle.

my 03 goes to high idle when its like 20 and below i dont know if its with my chip or not? ( its just a bully dog) it will jump to 1100 rpm in till i push in the clutch or step on the brakes

That`s right. We got screwed!

Not totally. One of the BullyDog tuners will allow using the PTO function on a 03 to set idel up to around 1800 rpms. You have to plug it in and keep it there will idling but its better than nothing.

How in the world freaking cold is to get it to 3 cylinder idle???? I thought that was only below 0*F???? I have actually never seen one do the 3 cylinder idle, only heard of it down here in TX it rarely gets into the single digits.
There is a big difference in the automatic idle increase and the actual high idle function. The manual control is "Cruise ON" then "SET" goes to 1100 and using the "Accel" and "Decel" buttons increase up to 1500 incrementally and back to 1100 also incrementally. The automatic function only occurs when temps are low enough to need it to get warmed up.
Also, the manual control is not set "ON" by the factory, it has to be turned on either by a dealer's computer or by a tuner function while the automatic control is there all the time. Auto trans trucks just need to be enabled and the manual trans trucks are supposed to have a clutch safety switch- it's just a switch that sends a ground to the ECM when the clutch is fully released and goes away when you touch the clutch, most of US just bypass that by sending the ground all the time, the manual high idle disables when speed reaches 3MPH anyhow- I know, I tried to use it to drive.....just for fun.

Not totally. One of the BullyDog tuners will allow using the PTO function on a 03 to set idel up to around 1800 rpms. You have to plug it in and keep it there will idling but its better than nothing.

After hearing about many horror stories about BD, I`ll pass on that!

when i bought my smarty back in the day, it still had no high idle. so i plugged in a BD and enabled the High idle and have been using it ever since.

as far as the low temp high ldle, my 07 5.9 has never done it but my 6.7 does it all the time. it will idle up by its self on startup after 10 mins and it will do it when sitting in a drilling rig idleing when the water temp gets below 140-150.

and as far as i know the high idle is NOT 3 cylinders. wouldn't that make for a rough running motor?

started ine in -25 deg with no grids, it just clanks and bangs for a few seconds and then just goes to 1100 rpm on all six, never heard the three cylinder idle, the cats i work on alternate cylinders