Engine losing power at 2800 rpm+

dustin_west06

line breaker
my truck is an 05 cr. At WOT my truck will feel like it is de fueling at 2800 rpm and then full fuel then it will back off again. I noticed that i had fuel leaking out of all the connecting tubes but number 1. I pulled the injectors and retourqued everything. I am running a smarty tntr and dr p pressure box. Any ideas? Thanks

I had same problem with my Stage 3 from Floor it. turned out the pump took a dump on me. Kinda sounded like what you are describing. From dead stop it would let out a good cloud and lots of power and then it would loose everything after 2500rpms. Do you have a rail pressure gauge?

I had same problem with my Stage 3 from Floor it. turned out the pump took a dump on me. Kinda sounded like what you are describing. From dead stop it would let out a good cloud and lots of power and then it would loose everything after 2500rpms. Do you have a rail pressure gauge?

thats about right..... no i dont have a rp gauge, i used to have a quad rp gauge but it fried my sensor

yeah I get a gauge a figure it out asap. Mine would have good pressure all the way up to 2500rpms then the rail pressure would srop to like 8000-12,000psi. I got lucky it didn't trash the pump and send pieces into my injectors.

I'm gonna say LP

Most times when this happens guys see good pressure and fail to realize the importance of the volume. I'll bet you are not keeping adequate volume with the mods you have with the TNT and Dr. P. Those use a serious amount (volume) of fuel. Weak LP!!!!

Last edited:
i am running a 95 gph fass. maybe it is getting weak i have had it on the truck for 4 years. It is alot queiter than it used to be. What is the minimum psi a cp3 will need to perform at its best?

I just have the air dog 100 and it keeps up with mine. What kind of injectors are you running? I thought John said a minimum of 30psi for his pumps and the ideal was 45psi but that could be wrong maybe someone will chime in? I'm leaning toward something being wrong with your cp3. Are you still driving it.

I just have the air dog 100 and it keeps up with mine. What kind of injectors are you running? I thought John said a minimum of 30psi for his pumps and the ideal was 45psi but that could be wrong maybe someone will chime in? I'm leaning toward something being wrong with your cp3. Are you still driving it.

Im running 50 liter injectors. Its my toy not daily driver. But after putting an in line gauge on the fuel system psi was 0. replaced the pump and fuel pressure is now at 40. Runs strong now. Thanks guys for the info. I didnt really think fass pumps went out very often???

Most times when this happens guys see good pressure and fail to realize the importance of the volume. I'll bet you are not keeping adequate volume with the mods you have with the TNT and Dr. P. Those use a serious amount (volume) of fuel. Weak LP!!!!

Well if you've got the desired pressure where you need it, it's pretty self-explanatory that the volume is obviously sufficient.

Weak LP

Im running 50 liter injectors. Its my toy not daily driver. But after putting an in line gauge on the fuel system psi was 0. replaced the pump and fuel pressure is now at 40. Runs strong now. Thanks guys for the info. I didnt really think fass pumps went out very often???

EXACTLY!!

NOT!!

Well if you've got the desired pressure where you need it, it's pretty self-explanatory that the volume is obviously sufficient.

I was running 27psi,.. plenty of pressure right?! And I also had a low pressure/high pressure vavle on it from Glacier which put my pressure at 54psi!! I was at FloorIt and his dyno chart was showing I made 0 power additional above 2750rpm, just like our thread describes. Dumped my LP and went HUGE volume and the power was throughout the rpm range. Pressure is NOT the only issue and it is NOT the biggest issue. Volume is the Mac Daddy when it comes to making power. Been there and done that.

I was running 27psi,.. plenty of pressure right?! And I also had a low pressure/high pressure vavle on it from Glacier which put my pressure at 54psi!! I was at FloorIt and his dyno chart was showing I made 0 power additional above 2750rpm, just like our thread describes. Dumped my LP and went HUGE volume and the power was throughout the rpm range. Pressure is NOT the only issue and it is NOT the biggest issue. Volume is the Mac Daddy when it comes to making power. Been there and done that.

So you're too stupid to realize the pressure was falling as you approached that rpm with the first pump?

Bravo.

Might try checking pressures under the conditions you're actually interested in next time. If you had, you would have seen the pressure falling.

charles you dont ALWAYS have to be a dic k-

and fass pumps fail- a pressure gauge is manditory

charles you dont ALWAYS have to be a dic k-

and fass pumps fail- a pressure gauge is manditory

Well the double exclamation points and caps from him won him some similar treatment from me. We're not talking about a medium undergoing massive swings in density here. So to speak in terms of volume, as if it's independent of pressure, is squarely retarded.

Just thought he should know. Cause he probably rattles off that same pitch every chance he gets, and sounds like a complete idiot to anyone with some sense each time he does it too.

Trying to help a brother out...

who makes an affordable rail pressure gauge ??? and which will you recommend mechanical gauge or digital ?

my truck is also doing the same

I have the qaud but kinda wish I would of went with a issipro gauge. The gauge they are talking about though is fuel pressure gauge in the lines. I don't have one I just kinda rely on the rail pressure gauge to let me know if something is wrong.