Engine temp

Red_Rattler

High Tech Redneck
What are you guys all seeing at the end of a pull for engine temps? Mines damn near 230 and still climbing as I get off of the track. I have nothing to gauge it against since this was the first hook on the truck but I have a bypass and eliminated my heater core. On the street driving with the same setup with the heater core intact as soon as the thermostat opened up its drop like a rock like a normal 12v. There is no air in the system, did I hurt myself by bypassing the fluid from the back of the block or taking the heater core out of the equation? Or is this normal? I cant see it having a very long life cooking it like that over and over.

Mine is setup the same way as yours. Temps also gets uncontrollable at the end of a pull, no issues yet.

Typically I see 220-230* at pulls end but drops fast back to 190*...

FWIW I run Flex-a-Lite fans.

yup forgot to mention I have 2 12" electric fans that run the whole time

start the pull with temps round 180-190 finish round 220 but by the time I get off the track its back down to 210. This is with dual fans, three holes in the t stat, stock water pump,and the same bypass you have. only difference with my set up is I ran the heater hoses into each other and did not just pinch them off.

your bypass goes around the t stat right? and that little hose goin from the head around the t stat is still there?

Back