Engineered Diesel ex. wastegate and spacer plate

whats the function of the regulator? does it get air supply from a boost source to apply pressure to the gates spring? Id like to get to know a little bit more about these external setups.

whats the function of the regulator? does it get air supply from a boost source to apply pressure to the gates spring? Id like to get to know a little bit more about these external setups.

The regulator is there to regulate the boost to push against the valve face on the cold side, same side the spring pushes on. I believe it's there to fine tune force against opening the valve in conjunction with the spring. I have a 50mm setup on the way and hope to find out soon!

Without putting some pressure on the top side of the gate, the drive pressure alone will blow the gate open. The regulator will fine tune it beyond what a spring alone will do.

Yes

But get ready to write a BIG check!!!!

Id go with the spacer from E.D.$.02$.02$.02

The only problem that i have with the spacer from E.D. is that i would have to totally redo my hot pipe due to the extra thickness of the spacer plate. The spacer plate that i have between my manifold and top turbo is from source automotive and MIGHT be 1/2-9/16" thick. The one from E.D. appears to be anywhere from 3/4 to 1 1/2" thick. This would change the point at which my top turbo clamps to my hotpipe.

NOW......... if they would make one that has a thinner thickness on the top and make it thicker on the bottom side of the spacer.... and place their WG on the bottom side of the spacer.... this i could keep (as well as MANY others that are running the Source Automotive style spacer plate) my hotpipe the same and just loosen the v-band clamp between the Hotpipe and the top turbo and rotate it clockwise to compensate for the difference in thicknesses of the spacer.

Lance

btw... if anyone has any kind of price numbers for the I.I. manifold please either p.m. me or let me know.

so what do the waste gates cost? and on a twin setup do you only run one?

The only problem that i have with the spacer from E.D. is that i would have to totally redo my hot pipe due to the extra thickness of the spacer plate. The spacer plate that i have between my manifold and top turbo is from source automotive and MIGHT be 1/2-9/16" thick. The one from E.D. appears to be anywhere from 3/4 to 1 1/2" thick. This would change the point at which my top turbo clamps to my hotpipe.

NOW......... if they would make one that has a thinner thickness on the top and make it thicker on the bottom side of the spacer.... and place their WG on the bottom side of the spacer.... this i could keep (as well as MANY others that are running the Source Automotive style spacer plate) my hotpipe the same and just loosen the v-band clamp between the Hotpipe and the top turbo and rotate it clockwise to compensate for the difference in thicknesses of the spacer.

Lance

btw... if anyone has any kind of price numbers for the I.I. manifold please either p.m. me or let me know.

Aren't you going to have to hack up your hot pipe anyway to add the discharge pipe from the WG to it? Once you get set up for cutting and welding, a little more ain't that big a deal.

i guess.....

alright.. does anyone have prices on this gate setup.
It really does seem like a nice setup.

Lance

bump........

the dyno is coming up within a month now and i have a LOT of work to do before then.

Need some advice/opinions on whether to run this gate AND which Spray kit to use for the fueling that i have and the mods in my sig.

Lance