entry level class

shriver

heres my thoughts on a entry/stock class. put a 12-15mph limit with no excessive smoke rule and it works. i tried this a couple years ago and got beat pretty bad. thats when i was doing pretty good in 2.5 class. ima a true stock truck won this pull. same with 08 pull at that same place. albany ohio fair:thankyou2::bow:

OMG....that rule sucks,we have some of that around here in tractor classes and its boring to watch and to pull in!!! For sure that would drive people away from the sport!!! Think about it...Truck pullin is about motors screeming,dirt flying,parts breakin.... WOW got me all excited just talkn bout it! LOL We have to think about the spectators also, and they want acton!!!

Set it up so that it is about 22 or so mph speed limit. Basically the Dmax guys run 3rd(1.41) gear in the auto, and the dodges run 2nd gear(1.45) in the auto. Let them get to about 3300 rpm. We pull with a group that has the 15mph speed limit, and it does what it is supposed to, it keeps the big boys out. Just 15mph is too slow.

How do you know if a truck has to much smoke? Is there machine that can tell you that data?

I sleave a local naughty girl over the stack, if it fills her and releases smoke out of her mouth you are OUTTTTA HERE. Like a pressure cooker before the top starts making noise......:hehe:

Is their any entry level classes offered?
Brandon

There is no way that would fly with a speed limit. I HATE going to pulls and the diesel trucks have to wait on 14 thousand tractors to pull in the 4mph antique class.....NAP TIME!!!!!!

its gonna be hard to do a true entry level class because your always going to get the guy with too much of daddys money that will show up and woop up on every one. Even if there was a MPH limit, there will be truck that will slip past all the rules and be the bully.

We did a class kinda like this at a pull I was over. The local Fair board wanted a Stock truck class. So I gave them a Stock Truck Class.

No Boxes or Programmers, Exhaust had to be Stock, Stock Intakes, Stock Turbo.

I had two guys enter and that class sucked!

You can go to school to learn to read opacity. Carl Cootsman or something like that. I went to the training. You learn to read white smoke, black smoke, etc, etc. I remember the test vividly, about 20 people lined up, with pen and paper staring at a smoke maker. They would change the smoke intensity, then say, "ready, REEEAAAADDDD"

I pulled at a fair last summer and they split the class up this way: street diesel - couldn't smoke too much and no suspension mods or traction bars; everyone else pulled modified. A few of my buddies were planning on pulling in the street diesel until we heard one of the guys in charge saying that we could "turn our programmers down to cut down on smoke". We pulled modified.

That would suck having a speed limit. More speed=more fun!!!

Any of you guys remember the "pace" tractors? A good old boy would ride a garden tractor out in front of the puller, with red, yellow, greenlights on it.

I was maybe 8-10 and looked at my Dad, and said, "That is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.":banned:

Yep I remember that but they didn't use a gardentractor.the one I remember were like the old farmals it was realy boring till the heavy ones started.Hell I even remember the old walk on sled when they had chairs lined up on each side of the track every 3ft or so that got to be funny alfway through the night when most of the guy's couldn't catch the sled because they were getting to drunk to even get off the chairs.O the good old day's

Dale

They did this class at the Mokane, MO pull this summer...Out of 30 trucks there that night, one Powerstroke made the rules. One guy had a drop in K&N filter in his stock airbox and they made him pull with the rest of us... Talk about a wide margin of trucks, lol. Some 4500+rpm 12V's all the way down to the stock powerstroke guys. Talk about the most asinine idea, boring as hell too.

I got one better We have a pace rope with 2 flags on it that you must stay between.

In Texas, I pulled with about 200hp because Pat had screwed up the lift pump. I never went over 2 miles and hour, and it took 2 minutes to pull 200'. No smoke at all. :D

Next time I do that, I want a wireless computer in the truck so I have something to do while I'm pulling.

I'm at 25 feet.

OK, now I'm at 50 feet.

Looks like the boost is only 10 pounds.

I'm almost at the 100 foot mark.

Getting closer.

Finally, the 100 foot marker.

there was a class like that around here in the stock class you could have bars but no blocks and only could smoke a little at the start then nothing i got second and my buddy got frist and i broke my clivis but then got blamed for cheatin and running NOS so they teched us. We passed but still got *****ed at then i pulled open and showed them smoke

Here are some rules listed for 2008, Kat you should fit right in:

28. A pace tractor may be used operating at **3mph** in classes in 7500# and 9500#, 5mph for 11000#,13000#. Pace tractor driver will start even with center of front wheel and not go any further than that point during the pull. If puller passes driver of the, shoulder to shoulder method, puller will be disqualified.

29. There will be a 3000-rpm limit on all classes.