Error $0331

jimmeffer

just got brand new remote tuner from Starlite and tried to copy file from truck and keep getting error $0031 code and wont copy . Anyone have this problem? Thanks

:bang

You are trying to read a file from the truck? Was it tuned with a smarty previously? If so then the ecm may be blocked from reading out info even though you have returned it to stock with the smarty.

thanks,only home once every two months or so ,trying to get it fixed before i leave monday

just overwrite the file instead of reading it. the smarty blocks efi from reading it

Hate bugging you guys ...but i need to get a stock tune first loaded into tuner? and its an 06 dually quad cab auto ...where do i get the file just no time to search the threads and i really appreciate the help.

Tune File Depot there are clean files there. Are there custom files already loaded on your autocal, or were you pulling out your stock file to send to zach for tuning?

You really need to talk to Zach to see how he wants you to proceed. He will have to send you a clean file that is saved for remote flashing with his v2, then you can load the file, change the VIN with the 7.5 scan tool and read it out. He can then use that file to build your custom tunes from.