Excursion HP #'s

dieselex

Wanna buy an Excursion??
I finally got the X on a Mustang Dyno at a friend of mines shop today. It did pretty good. I'll try to get the graphs downloaded later. I ran all 4 positions on my chip to see the differences.

Stock - 153.2HP @ 2250RPM/372.4TQ @ 2000RPM

80 Econo - 250.1HP @ 2500RPM/543.5TQ @ 2250RPM

100 Street - 322.4HP @ 3000RPM/642.1TQ @ 2500RPM (best:woohoo: )

140 Extreme - 312.3HP @ 3000 RPM/606.7 @ 2250 RPM

It was the biggest rig they've ever had on their dyno!:evil They had to call Mustang to find out the proper weight setting and how to strap it down. It took longer to get it lined up on the rollers than it did to make the runs. I've never been on a dyno before so I really had no idea what to expect. I have to say it was pretty fun watching everyone run out of the shop as it filled with black smoke!!LOL Except for my buddy running the dyno. He just laughed!!LOL

Ben

Awesome numbers Ben!
I know what you mean about clearing a shop while on a dyno, WOT inside a building is loud and the black smoke spilling out from the exhaust hose is cool

Thanks, Pete!

These poor guys are used to running Hondas & BMWs. They didn't even have a hose!! They just pointed a fan towards the door!!LOL

I think they're going to invest in a hose now that I ran the X!!:rockwoot:

Ben

Nice :rockwoot:

Those stock number look sort of low though.

When I dyno'd on 35s, stock programming, stock trans, I was around 189rwhp and 470s or 480s in TQ
Of course, everyone who had previously dyno'd their trucks said that the TQ number were about right, but the HP numbers were off....and if you did the math based on TQ that they came out with what they previously had dyno'd.

I'd love to dyno my truck again....in it's current setup, with the 38s and see what it does :evil

Thanks, DC!

I didn't really get a full pull on the stock setting so that's why the #'s are a little low. The rest of the pulls were good!:D

I would love for you to dyno your truck in its current setup too!!:evil

dieselex said:
Thanks, DC!

I didn't really get a full pull on the stock setting so that's why the #'s are a little low. The rest of the pulls were good!:D

I would love for you to dyno your truck in its current setup too!!:evil
me too so i know what the chip would do in my tuck

Nice numbers.:ylsuper: I wonder why your HP number on the 140 setting was lower that the 100? TC slipping maybe? Those still some good numbers where compared to stock.:rockwoot:

I dynoed my truck this past weekend, but my TC was slipping. :bang I dynoed 315hp and 621, 307hp and 674tq. Not too bad considering all I have is a shift kit in my trans.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment Dave!

I saw your post in the dyno forum. Very nice #'s!!!:rockwoot:

I think on the 140 setting the fuel is there but the HPOP just can't feed enough oil to the injectors. Or so I've been told.

I think I'm going to have the 140 burn changed to a 120 burn and see what happens then.

Ben

dieselex said:
I think on the 140 setting the fuel is there but the HPOP just can't feed enough oil to the injectors. Or so I've been told.

Very true... Splits need a lot of oil to flow a hot burn like that. I bet you will see better numbers with that 120 you mentioned or something close to that.

I sent my chip off today so hopefully I'll have it back by the end of the week. I'm changing the 140 burn to 120 so we'll see what happens!?!

mattymx,
Nice X man!!:rockwoot:

dieselex said:
mattymx,
Nice X man!!:rockwoot:

Thanks :Cheer: ... I wish I would get to drive it.. It belongs to my little woman who is also an avid Powerstroker.
Too bad the stock HPOP's cant flow more. I bet we could see some far better HP figures if it did.

Last edited: