exhaust brake, on board air, train horns ???

Opinions Vary

I do a lot of towing with my 00 cummins 2500 and would love to put an exhaust brake in. Has anyone tried different ones out and which one do you prefer. Im liking the max flow by pac brake. I think I might have to get a new down pipe no matter what because I dont utilize a v band clamp at the moment and every kit comes with a v band clamp for the downpipe.

Who has the most bad ass on board air system? Has anyone done a PTO driven compressor off of a NV4500?

What is the loadest train horns you've heard?

As you might be able to tell, I'm not scared to stand out.

I run a Pac Brake PRXB 5" remote on my truck. I have York 210 compressors that are engine driven off the pulley from the Alternator on both my 2004 and on my 1931 Rat Rod. Bot trucks have train horns.

150 psi on tap at all times....

The compressor kit for the 2004 was purchased from Kilby. The 1931, I made all of the brackets myself. The only thing I purchased was the pulley for the V-belt off the alternator.

Had a kilby setup for years. Work great, high idle will make a impact work decent.

What is the loadest train horns you've heard?

We have 2 sets here...

My Fiancée has a 2007.5 2500 which we run a set of Nathan K3LA's and they are the Canadian version.They are fed with 2 ViAir 480C's and have 2 5 Gallon tanks for reservoirs.Horns are fed with 1" line and ran at 200psi.

On My 2005 truck I run a set of Nathan K5LA's installed the same way as hers.I used to run 2 ViAir 480C's but have switched now to Air Zenith OB2's now.The 480C's run at around 3.5-3.6CFM's where the AZ OB2's run at 7CFM and have the cylinder heads air cooled by fans where the ViAir's are just air cooled.In the box in my bed I had heat issues with the ViAirs so the change was made and I remote mounted the intakes on the AZ's.Mine also use 2 5 gallon reserve tanks and the horns are run at 200psi through 1" line.They are obnoxiously loud close and very loud far away.

Back