exhaust size

kennyblatz

with my new setup i hope to be over 500rwhp, my current exhaust is a 3.5 dp to 4" to the back, should i be looking at a larger pipe or don't worry about it

You dont need anything bigger, so its up to you if you want to spend the money.

Well, unless you've got twins or a real big single (like the ones usually not seen on street trucks) you can't run 5" all the way. 5" exhaust would start from the downpipe back. Most people like or want the big pipes just for looks. IMO 4" is enough. You might even lose some power from going too big.
I'd say all you need is a hx40 style downpipe (4" DP) once you decide on what turbo you plan on running.

turbo is a gt4094r on the afe 4" i have its 3.5 till after the cross member. im just asking if it will cause higher egt's or be to restrictive. thanks for the input so far

I'm not sure if it was Andy (forum member Hammer) that made a post or thread about modifying a GT turbo to run a 4" hx40 style downpipe. Might need to search through the forum or over on DTR to find it. I think doing that mod would be worth it.

Looking at the flange dimensions, the OD of the flange is 91.95mm, or 3-5/8". The ID of the flange is 73mm, which is less than 3". So I don't think anything terribly large needs to be used right away. 3.5" might be beneficial until you get down to atleast under the cab.