Exhaust Size

OrangeNV

BISH please
no im not asking the difference between 4 and 5"

what i am asking is will a twin setup breath through a 5" dp then necked down to a 4" y pipe dual stack setup? will it hurt anything, also will be running a 4" fte resonator.

dual 4" can flow more than a single 5", so I don't see why not?

it is still only going through one 4" from the end of the DP to the y in the bed

yes it will be fine it would be fine with just a 4inch downpipe with just a single 4inch exhaust out.

yes it will be fine it would be fine with just a 4inch downpipe with just a single 4inch exhaust out.

What size twins, and how much power you looking to make? I haven't made 550, but I've been told once you get there, start looking at 5in.

the quetion i ask, is why not a 5" FTE resonator & 5" wye pipe?

got a 4" fte cheap, and my current y is 5". money is ging into twin setup for now. im sure ill get a 5" wye later, just not right now for the initial hook up.

62/480 w/5x.016 injectors

shooting for 600

I have seen 900 done with a 5" dp going into a 4" system.

I went from a (3" down pipe and 3.5" tailpipe) to (4" down pipe back) and noticed no fuel economy difference. It seems like the truck pulls harder, but the increased noise could be fooling my judgement.

I guess this doesn't really apply to your question. Oh well.

4" will be limited to a resonator and a foot of flex pipe to the 90 up into the bed and the wye to the 5" stacks. its a regular cab truck. i think im gonna be ok.

Back