F106 weight/Pro Mod build

Yes Diablo650Hemi, 6200.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
At 6200 like me...I dont think that you have to worry about a thing! Build it light to save the weight!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I saw on your profile your running a Goodwin Hemi. How do you like it?

I'm looking forward to getting this mounted! Brandon you do great work. Everything looked good last night that you have done. I'm not willing to sacrifice strength to save a few pounds, but the way you're doing it, it's still saving some weight. With the goals we are trying to hit this season it'll be worth the build.

I've only seen one SQHD with the rear cut out and aluminum cover installed have a failure. but the truck has probably more hooks then any other truck and I'd bet it made quite a few hundred more hp then you're making. it left the aluminum center section on the track in Freeport il. was pretty cool, center section pointed at the ground and wedge in the dirt, rear tires were 4" off the ground, truck still won the hook if memory serves me correct it was 319 and 2nd was 316

I don't want to start talking about Gregs hp numbers on here. If he wants to share them he will chime in. Was this a Super Stock truck?

I don't want to start talking about Gregs hp numbers on here. If he wants to share them he will chime in. Was this a Super Stock truck?

no it was curt haisley's truck I believe it was in 2014

I wonder what kind of numbers it was making?

I wonder what kind of numbers it was making?

numbers are numbers... one educated guy you talk to says 1700 in 2014 another says 1850... they've changed dyno's since then, due to building one in house. this one is supposedly a tad more tough on numbers. so compensate the difference where seen fit

Power from the trucks is nothing! The same rears are built with oem or sheet metal housings for all the component tractors all the way to the 4charger alky burners to 10,000hp multies! Granted they run planits but its alot more torque and hp running thru the r&p than the trucks! Planits just help getting the required gearing to turn those tires!

I was trying to compare the power level at which the failure occurred on the sq with the aluminum cover.

I was trying to compare the power level at which the failure occurred on the sq with the aluminum cover.

You can't though...way to many variables! Could be a flaw in a housing or a hard spot on one side of the track that caused torsional twist. way way to many variables to throw an hp # and say you will have issues beyond that! But like I said...in your 6200lbs truck you will have no issues anyway so why not just make it as light as you can!

I understood this.. the point I was trying to validate is strength will not be an issue. you seem quite educated and obtain an in-depth skill set. failure should not be a concern vs weight.

I understood this.. the point I was trying to validate is strength will not be an issue. you seem quite educated and obtain an in-depth skill set. failure should not be a concern vs weight.

Thanks for the input and the compliment! I usually get really involved in projects...... Sometimes too involved maybe. :rockwoot: I always try to take in and consider all variables and scenarios while working on anything, whether its for me, a pulling buddy, or a customer I've never met.

Please educate me on the reason you put 106 spindles on SQHD axle housing? Better hub selection?

The spindle is lighter and you can use common 106 hubs
generally you are narrowing the housing anyway.

And you can sell the center part of the 106 housing to someone with a military front
they can make a Milwell[or Rockitary] out of theirs and get more gear selection

Please educate me on the reason you put 106 spindles on SQHD axle housing? Better hub selection?

the hub options with this spindle are diverse, seems to be the standard choice to work with. i believe this is due to the 106 spindle being the smallest diameter option to house the size of axle being utilized.