F250 reg cab race truck

05chevy

gear head
Got a 99 f250 plan to make a race truck out of and want to put a 12 valve in it. What all is needed for 700+ hp. What size injectors? P-pump mods? Plan to use a s480 or s475 billet turbo? Hamilton's big cam. Fly cut pistons. Do I need to do anything to the rods or will they hold the power? Do I need a girdle? Anything I'm missing please let me know.

Got a 99 f250 plan to make a race truck out of and want to put a 12 valve in it. What all is needed for 700+ hp. What size injectors? P-pump mods? Plan to use a s480 or s475 billet turbo? Hamilton's big cam. Fly cut pistons. Do I need to do anything to the rods or will they hold the power? Do I need a girdle? Anything I'm missing please let me know.

Way over kill

Heres a post by supersonic
I've got the Mahle 155's in my work truck. I cut the outside of the bowl out a little and changed the dish a bit, final compression ratio is 14.7-1.
I'm running 370 injectors now and there is very little to no haze at cold idle, start up is fine even without grid heaters with the timing at 18*
With bigger injectors (i was running Scheid's 5x.18's) and more timing (28*) it would require a whiff of ether (not much) if it got below 40*F.
With a S468-74 single it is very driveable with the 370's and conservative tuneup, made 570HP 1130ft lbs.
Same turbo with big injectors and very agressive tuneup made 778hp 1386ft lbs.
All done with a good street/perf cam, moderate head porting.
So far i've been very happy.

Back