F350 Block Part # ??

sredish

Where am I?
Anyone know the part number for the 3.75" rear F350 block? I ordered a set from the dealer, walked them through the part I wanted and they still ordered me a set of the smaller 2.75" blocks.... So, if I can provide them an actual part number, maybe I can eliminate their stupidity.

How did they order the wrong ones?
I know the last time I ordered blocks the F-350 ones were listed as 93mm blocks in their system.

I'll see if I have a set that I can read the part number on.

I think they ordered narrow frame cab/chassis and I think they have the shorter blocks. there are some f350 blocks that are shorter, pretty sure the cab/chassis does and maybe the shortbed crewcab.... but i told him what i needed, helped him look and when i showed up today, he showed me some short ass blocks.... stupid bastards!

i also know that when he looked up the part number, it referenced another one and he seemed confused, so not sure if that was the screw up or not.

also, if anyone has a spare set laying around, i'll be happy to take them off your hands... but i was wanting them by this weekend.

Odd....when I have them look them up, the ask for wheelbase, and then it lists the height in mm.

My CC SB had the same 93mm blocks.

I found this on another site:

riggz said:
Blocks: F81Z5598DA x 2
U-Bolts: N803770S436 x 4
Nuts: N620485S441 x 8 (You can reuse the old nuts if you wish.)

I have been searching every forum on the net and think I just came up with this.

F81Z-5598-DA

I know the 5598 is the base code for the spacers. There only seems to be one and I remember them being interchangeable left to right, unlike the tapered ones on the single piece driveshaft.

The same part number, except for one ending in GA and the other ending in FA are the tapered left and right ones.... I believe.

Anyway, cross reference that Dan and see if you agree.

EDIT: Dammit, you beat me to it. There is enough room on the ubolts, you think I should still replace them?? Your a techie for TruckToyz, of course your going to say yes.... LOL

I may just go with this if I have to replace the ubolts. By the time I pay ford for the blocks AND ubolts, this would be money ahead. Sure, it's a little taller but I'm not concerned about being perfectly level as I tow a lot, so a slight rake will work well. Technically, with a 4.5" block, I should I should have like 3/8" less rake than I do stock, so still rake just not as much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...ryZ33585QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I am no longer affiliated with Truck Toyz....haven't been for over 6 months now.

But, I don't like to reuse ubolts normally :D

What truck is this for the big black one or the dark red one?

blocks are for the 05 red one.

on the 03, 'm probably going to be selling my Pro Comp XATs soon to swap out for some 42" Iroks... :) it's exciting thinking about all the new possibilities now that I don't have to worry about it for a day-to-day deal.

and didn't know that about the trucktoyz thing. don't know whether to be sorry or glad for ya.... depends on the situation i guess.

You put a leveling kit on the 05?

Yeah, it's nice to have a "play" truck.....even though I think that I really should sell mine LOL

Between the two choices, Glad :D

FWIW--Ford recommends to NOT reuse the u-bolts (does torque to yield come to mind) I was told by a master tech last week. I think they're pretty cheap compared to a rearend/wreck if one was to break.

I want to drop the rearend of my 250 about 2 inches without losing the towing integrity. What's the best way? It's a 2wd.

Here's the part#'s for the blocks for the different vehicles by bed/frame:

If you have one of the following:
Crew Cab Short Bed (156" Wheelbase)
Super Cab Long Bed (158" Wheelbase)
Crew Cab Long Bed (172" Wheelbase)

Then use these part #s:

Super Cab Short Bed (142" Wheelbase)
Regular Cab Long Bed (137" Wheelbase)

Then use these part #s:
Left Tapered Block: F81Z5598FA x 1
Right Tapered Block: F81Z5598GA x 1
U-bolts: 5C3Z5705AA x 4

npccpartsman said:
FWIW--Ford recommends to NOT reuse the u-bolts (does torque to yield come to mind) I was told by a master tech last week. I think they're pretty cheap compared to a rearend/wreck if one was to break.

I want to drop the rearend of my 250 about 2 inches without losing the towing integrity. What's the best way? It's a 2wd.

I don't mess much with 2wds.....but does it have a block?

If so, pull it and install some load assist air bags.

I'm gonna drop the rear of my F-350 to level the truck out....I have some Air Lift load assist bags sitting here that are going on it.

DCSpecial said:
I'm gonna drop the rear of my F-350 to level the truck out....I have some Air Lift load assist bags sitting here that are going on it.

I just put some air ride bags on the 05 tonight actually. only way to go. the blocks will be going in tomorrow.

Nice.
Onboard air?
Ford get you the right blocks?

I was originally going to lift the front of the 07 to level it....but then I'd need 35s since my 33s would look small. And since I tow and haul heavy and often....I think my 33/13R18s will be better.

Not to mention keeping the motor and 300' hose reel on my 200gal spray tank from getting even higher......and make it easier to load and unload stuff with the rear lower.

npccpartsman said:
Here's the part#'s for the blocks for the different vehicles by bed/frame:

Crew Cab Short Bed (156" Wheelbase)
Super Cab Long Bed (158" Wheelbase)
Crew Cab Long Bed (172" Wheelbase)

Then use these part #s:

Super Cab Short Bed (142" Wheelbase)
Regular Cab Long Bed (137" Wheelbase)

Then use these part #s:
Left Tapered Block: F81Z5598FA x 1
Right Tapered Block: F81Z5598GA x 1
U-bolts: 5C3Z5705AA x 4

Happen to know the part number for the u-bolts for a F-250 sized block (~2") on a 158" wb SD?

DCSpecial said:
Nice.
Onboard air?
Ford get you the right blocks?

I was originally going to lift the front of the 07 to level it....but then I'd need 35s since my 33s would look small. And since I tow and haul heavy and often....I think my 33/13R18s will be better.

Not to mention keeping the motor and 300' hose reel on my 200gal spray tank from getting even higher......and make it easier to load and unload stuff with the rear lower.

Understand on your tire / lift decision. I'll probably look goofy but I'm going to give it a little time before I buy tires. I want to work on getting the 03 setup with the tires and stuff I want and then I'll focus on the 05, not too mention, I'm not sure what wheels I'm using for it yet. But your right Dan, as we get older, we have to make our lives easier, not harder.... LOL

On the 05, I might end up with 35's, we'll see. No onboard air on the 05... yet. I'm going to get another tank to put on there but maybe next month. OH yea, I gave Ford the "new" correct part number yesterday after the thread and they came in today, and were correct. So, I mounted the brackets and bags today and tomorrow we'll do the blocks and level. It's definitely nice being able to reach down into the bed, hooking goosenecks up and getting into the toolbox.

DCSpecial said:
Happen to know the part number for the u-bolts for a F-250 sized block (~2") on a 158" wb SD?

No I don't. I copied and pasted that from a thread in FTE from someone that was doing the same thing. It shouldn't be hard to get from a dealer with a decently competent parts guy. I can give names of a couple of guys in North Little Rock that have 30 or 40 years experience EACH if you'd like. They'd be glad to ship them to you direct.

1-800-264-0777 Ask for Doug or Jimmy. Jimmy has at LEAST 35 years experience. Doug has about 8, but is more flexable with not having a VIN#, etc. They also have a huge stock--about 2 million+.

Last edited:
sredish said:
Understand on your tire / lift decision. I'll probably look goofy but I'm going to give it a little time before I buy tires. I want to work on getting the 03 setup with the tires and stuff I want and then I'll focus on the 05, not too mention, I'm not sure what wheels I'm using for it yet. But your right Dan, as we get older, we have to make our lives easier, not harder.... LOL

On the 05, I might end up with 35's, we'll see. No onboard air on the 05... yet. I'm going to get another tank to put on there but maybe next month. OH yea, I gave Ford the "new" correct part number yesterday after the thread and they came in today, and were correct. So, I mounted the brackets and bags today and tomorrow we'll do the blocks and level. It's definitely nice being able to reach down into the bed, hooking goosenecks up and getting into the toolbox.

Yep, gotta make things easier for us in our old age..... LOL
It is nice being able to get stuff from my toolbox without having to climb into the bed unless it's in the middle of the box :D

Gonna order up my air system (a viair setup most likely) and a control panel for the bags this week and hopefully get it all on, with the F-250 blocks and Weld wheels within the next 14 days.