Fan falling off

smokinVE

$$+VE=NO HP
2004 2x4. Fan has fallen off. I see no damage to fan clutch or the hub bearing. Is there something I'm missing or is this a thing with these electronic clutches?

Cancel. Customer fessed up. He had taken the fan off a few days ago, and just put it back on without tightening it. He thought his mighty cummingz could tighten it on its own.

All you need to do is put it on a few turns first start it spins on! Should never have to tighten it! The threads go in reverse of rotation so it's impossible to fall off!

not true needs to be tightened down some, or will come right back off due to how quick the engine shuts down and the fan keeps spinning. Had it happen twice...

not true needs to be tightened down some, or will come right back off due to how quick the engine shuts down and the fan keeps spinning. Had it happen twice...

The last two winters I've taken mine off (97) and then in the summer put it on without tightening it past what the belt will hold. Haven't had an issue, but now I feel like I should double check it... ha ha

9gmcz is right! sucker will come right back off! know how the belt squeaks with you kill the truck...

Hmm well damn I guess I'll just throw a wrench on it from now on just in case! 10 years of spinning them on by engine crank and now I have to think about it! LOL